Snapped steering cables

More
14 years 3 months ago #3979 by Rob1
Snapped steering cables was created by Rob1
I appear to be having problems regarding the stainless steering cables on my fenn skis. I previously had a mako 6 I purchased new however after about 12months the right hand steering cable snapped. It snapped where the adjuster sits against the pedal. Since then I purchased a new Elite about 5 months ago however I have just noticed the cable has worn in the exact same place, there was only one strand of wire left on the cable that had not snapped or broken.
I always wash the skis after paddling and when paddling I'm driving off the heels of my feet so I can't image these causing excessive wear. Is this a common problem with the skis and if so are there any suggestions or mods to fix the problem....Thanks Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #3980 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re:Snapped steering cables
Are you tightening the grub screws to much and "crushing" the strands?? Or has the flat piece of metal fallen out that sits between the screw heads and the cable. Its a part of the clamp.

I only ever tighten the screws while holding the short end of the supplied allen key this stops over tightening if you hold the long end.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by superted.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #3981 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re:Snapped steering cables
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by superted.

Latest Forum Topics