Bluefin vs Bluefin S (pre-Fennix)

More
3 years 1 week ago #38299 by MattRowl72
Hi All,
Looking at picking up a Bluefin. I’d really appreciate if I could get a brief rundown on the differences between the original Bluefin (green sticker) and a pre-Fennix Bluefin S.
Thanks guys and gals!
M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago #38302 by CrabStick
Hi Matt,
Their original promo when they changed to the S version said that the hull was the same but the seat was more fitted (less flat?) and moved forward slightly with a lower hump and more angle on the footplate. It also had a proper leash attachment and rudder forward a bit.
I only demo'd the original but found, along with others, that the S was more comfortable and allowed better leg drive.
It's a fantastic stable surfski and really loves catching and linking waves. Very easy to remount (from someone with plenty of experience!)
It's always good to throw something controversial in here to get a few more responses so let me suggest that it's better than an Epic V8 in the ocean but probably not on the flat. Resale value very good for both but you should never be in a rush to "trade up".

CrabStick, Perth Western Australia
Current Boats: Epic V9 ultra, Fenn Swordfish S, Fenn Spark S
Previous: Think Eze, Stellar SR, Carbonology Boost LV, Fenn BlueFin S
The following user(s) said Thank You: MattRowl72

More
3 years 1 week ago #38303 by MattRowl72
Thanks Crabstick! Really appreciate it! Secured a good Bluefin S from FB Marketplace!

More
3 years 4 days ago #38348 by GrAndy
Matt, if you are looking for local paddlers to paddle or train with, you could try Coomera Paddlers on Facebook and message Matt and I (Andy).  We have been asked by a few people to start a new club for the Northern Gold Coast area : covering fitness - racing - recreational paddling.

More
3 years 3 days ago #38354 by GrAndy
Matt, if you would like someone to train/paddle with in the Broadwater and Coomera area, you could contact us via Coomera Paddlers on Facebook - Messenger.

More
3 years 3 days ago #38355 by MattRowl72
Thanks Andy! Found you guys on FB. I’m keen for some paddles with you guys!

Latest Forum Topics