The Fenn Elite vs other Fenns

• glirot
  • Visitor
16 years 2 months ago #1559 by glirot
The Fenn Elite vs other Fenns was created by glirot
I've read a bit on the Elite, but not any detailed reviews. Not having a surfski now, I'm looking for one.
Most of my paddling is in pretty flat water, and my previous boats include a Millenium, Speedster, and V10.
At 6'3" and 240lbs, it seems much easier to find a surfski that is sized appropriately, much easier than a K1. Again, my goal is really for fitness training, with stroke refinement, and the occasional race. Can anybody provide a review on the Elite, especially with regards to flat water.

Best Regards,

Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #1560 by [email protected]
Hi Greg
There aren't many of the skis around so you'd need to contact one of the few people who have them. We're hoping to do a comprehensive review early in the new year - getting input from some of the guys who are paddling them.

especially with regards to flat water.

Having paddled the ski only twice but having listened to what Dawid Mocke, Daryl Bartho and Lewis Laughlin have to say, it would appear that the top speed is not much different to the Mako6 but the effort required to maintain high speed is less. Given that the ski has less rocker than the M6, this would make sense.

The ski is definitely a little less stable than the M6 - but I'm hoping to spend a little more time in it in rough water before making a definitive statement on this.

The top guys all say the ski is very nice - but the problem is that they're all sponsored, all have superb balance and all do well in races no matter what ski they use! If you're an elite paddler, I'd have no hesitation in recommending the ski - but you'd do well in V10, Red7 also.

Not much help I know - sorry!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics