Epic V10 Sport Limited Edition

More
6 months 1 week ago #40688 by Ssort
Anyone have any experience with the V10 Sport LE? Not advertised/listed on the Epic site but this boat exists. Anyone have any point of reference to share as it compares to to V9/V10 Sport/V10 Gen4, etc.

thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago #40692 by [email protected]
I asked my contacts at Epic and they said:
"The V10 Sport LE is a standard V10 Sport with the bucket replaced with a V11 bucket. This made enough space to add side-handles. The rudder was moved an inch further forward, which had the effect of improving the steering. The nose was also rounded a little. In effect, it's a V10 Sport for smaller paddlers."

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
6 months 1 week ago #40693 by Ssort
Thanks Robin, VERY much appreicated. I’ve heard similar- this is the take away I got from industry source:

*same hull as the standard V10 Sport, except for the bow, which was borrowed from the Gen 3 V10 (downwind focus)

*LE rudder is about 2” further forward for better steering

*LE has the V11 cockpit, and side carry handles (the standard V10 series boats do not have side carry handles)

No mention of focused on smaller paddlers, unless referring to the V11 cockpit which does seem to fit a bit ‘snugger’

Thanks again!

Latest Forum Topics