Epic V7 Bucket size - does it fit a 36-42" butt?

• MCImes
  • Visitor
3 years 11 months ago #36462 by MCImes
How big is the seat of the V7? Looking for feedback from some folks who are 'slightly larger in the rear'. Does it fit someone with a 36 - 42" butt?  (91-107cm). I found a really cheap V7 and want it to be accessible to slightly larger (less athletic than the average skiier) friends.

If you're in that size range or close to it, please let me know how the bucket fits you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BigFish
  • Visitor
3 years 11 months ago #36463 by BigFish
They are some of the bigger buckets available. I don't know about a 42" but I have put some 120-130kg guys out in V7s that must be 38-40"

More
3 years 11 months ago #36467 by leolinha
My butt is exactly 42''. I paddle a V8 PRO and the fit is perfect for me, although the bucket is slightly smaller than that of the V7. I also paddled a V7 once and to me, its bucket felt exactly the same as the V8 bucket. I had a V8 for 3 years, its bucket is a litlle more spacious than that of a V8 PRO, but still a good fit for me.
Even if your friends are a little overweight and have big butts, they can't go wrong with an Epic (unless they are very obese).

Current: Epic V8 PRO, Think Evo 3
Past: Epic V8, Epic V10 Sport
The following user(s) said Thank You: MCImes

• MCImes
  • Visitor
3 years 11 months ago #36468 by MCImes
Excellent feedback guys. Thank you!

Looks like I will pick up a V7 this weekend for friends and wife as opposed to a double, which makes me slightly sad as I love tandem paddling, but the only true beginner double (nelo 600) is 5x more expensive than the V7, so its a much easier sell. 

Thanks again!

More
3 years 11 months ago #36471 by Joe P
Hi there. 
I've been paddling my V7 several months now, it is my first surfski as a beginner. I am about your size, I'm 40" waist with a bit of extra ballast around my middle (still working on that, ha) and 210 pounds. 
My V7 feels loose to me and I seem easily to slide around a little if I wanted to. I honestly feel so comfortable in my V7 seat that I still tell people it's the most comfortable of any kayak Ive ever paddled. But I have not tried all of the other skis available so I'm no expert on surfskus for sure. 
I found myself gaining 7-8 lbs recently from lack of exercise due to this virus issue but started paddling again a few days ago after a month or so, and find my V7 still fitting my backside great, maybe even better than before, but I'm still going to loose a few pounds in the coming weeks and get back into better shape again. 
Good luck and happy paddling, the V7 is a fun ski you'll really enjoy.

Epic V7

Latest Forum Topics