another epic prototype?

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #35017 by tve
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by tve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paddlepop

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #35021 by [email protected]
Maybe the Epic K1T?

It's in production now and I have an article lined up and ready to go - just need to publish....  In the next day.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
4 years 7 months ago #35025 by uk gearmuncher
Replied by uk gearmuncher on topic another epic prototype?

robin.mousley wrote: Maybe the Epic K1T?

It's in production now and I have an article lined up and ready to go - just need to publish....  In the next day.

yep, I borrowed a K1t prototype for a week or two back in May. Great looking boat but unless you’re used to k1’s, you’re liable to find the lack of primary stability somewhat shocking !

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #35028 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic another epic prototype?
I just acquired a used carbonology feather. I will post a more detailed review at some point but for me the SOT K1 is an awesome tool. The surfski bucket increases stability because of increased body contact. The ability to remount increases confidence for obvious reasons. It is really fun in waves that are too big for my comfort in a k1 but too small to give any sort of thrill in a ski. For me that is 6-18” (15-45 cm) chop, measured trough to crest. I would like to get a bigger rudder on it and try it in some slight bigger conditions. I think the SOT K1 concept is a good one.   I imagine the epic K1T is a great boat.  

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by zachhandler.

Latest Forum Topics