A few V7 questions

• 996023127265225@facebook
  • Visitor
5 years 3 weeks ago #33855 by 996023127265225@facebook
A few V7 questions was created by 996023127265225@facebook
First of all sorry for my german english ;D
I am using my V7 on flat water only for almost 1/2 year now and have a few questions. Maybe you guys can help me with.
1. When moving straigt forward and getting some speed (not that much cause my technique is crap) I am getting a "flattering" from the rudder. The lines are straight so there is no wobbly movement from side to side and I am not feeling it in the pedals. Could it be up and down movement from the rudder fin? How tight should the rudder be in the hole and against the hull?

2. The black cable guides in the rudder compartment are broken or at least very brittle. Can i just pop them out and replace them with new ones? I suppose they are glued in with silicone?

3. I have the kickup rudder that i want to use to explore shallow waters. What do I do with the metal clamp that normaly holds the rudder shaft? Is it supposed to just move around in the rudder compartment freely or untie it? Or can i put in a placeholder rudder shaft so the clamp can pivot around it? I tied the kickup rudder with the normal rudder installed to fix the clamp in place, but I have the feeling that there was not enough cable length from the pivoting clamp to get effective steering from the kickup.

4. The soft hatch cover has strangely long lines. Am I supposed to do the "line loop" around the hatch first and then the cover? Seems a bit complicated.

Thank you
Cheers
Justus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #33859 by SpaceSputnik
Replied by SpaceSputnik on topic A few V7 questions
#4 Yes. It's a pain in the neck but when done correctly it's very tight. I get no usual sea-kayak leaks, just some wetness on the inside of the hull. I just wipe it with a towel and leave open to dry.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 996023127265225@facebook

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #33860 by SpaceSputnik
Replied by SpaceSputnik on topic A few V7 questions

1. When moving straigt forward and getting some speed (not that much cause my technique is crap) I am getting a "flattering" from the rudder. The lines are straight so there is no wobbly movement from side to side and I am not feeling it in the pedals. Could it be up and down movement from the rudder fin? How tight should the rudder be in the hole and against the hull?

Mine rotates freely and I am not observing any fluttering. I find that most of the time it tracks fine with feet of the pedals, I am only in contact with pedals if there's broadside wind or waves. If you fixate the pedals and try moving the rudder, will it stay in place?

As to other questions, I will PM you an email address of an Epic contact that was helpful to me in the past, give them a try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 996023127265225@facebook

Latest Forum Topics