V10 Sport Ultra

More
16 years 4 months ago #1453 by Dave
V10 Sport Ultra was created by Dave
I finally sold one of my kayaks and have an opportunity to buy a used V10 Sport Ultra. The boat comes with a weedless and surfing rudder. I am concerned the light layup may get dammaged when I practice remounting the ski. Should I be worried about this? If the boat were to get dammaged how difficult is it to repair compared to a stanard fiberglass layup. Any and all opinions appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #1454 by Ritchie Cunningham
I can't address your questions regarding repair, but can offer a couple of thoughts. Were I looking into buying a used Ultra, I'd give the hull a thorough visual and tactile inspection. With the latter, I would use a light micro-fiber wash cloth under the finger tips to search for dents.

As for damage incurred during remount, if you are reasonably fit I do not think it a significant issue. If you use what they call here the straddle method, the only problem would be the pounding of your feet on the after deck. Perfect your remount in smooth water, and have a patient, deliberate, and calm mentality if you have to remount in the rough.

More
16 years 4 months ago #1455 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: V10 Sport Ultra
Thanks Ritchie, I'll take your advice and practice in calm water first.

Dave

More
16 years 4 months ago #1456 by [email protected]

I am concerned the light layup may get damaged when I practice remounting the ski. Should I be worried about this?

The Ultra boats may be light but they are tough. A friend has had a V10L Ultra for over a year and it has hardly a ding in it. He has remounted it many times in varying conditions and remounting has never caused damage.

So I'd not be worried at all about damage just from remounting.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics