Chicago Surfski community

More
12 years 3 months ago #9614 by JonnoJacka
Hi there

My wife and I recently moved to Chicago from Cape Town, South Africa, and I'm looking to make contact with any paddlers in the Chicago area. I know they must exist because of the Shoreline Marathon that happens here every year, but all the info about it on the net seems a bit outdated.

ANY contacts from ANYone would be greatly appreciated. Would love to train up with some okes and do Shoreline this year (2012).

Shot a lot
Jonathan Jacka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9615 by [email protected]
Hey Jonno, try Kristin Flentye - she and her husband run the CSM and they'll have contacts in the area: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
The following user(s) said Thank You: JonnoJacka

• greggreene2
  • Visitor
12 years 3 months ago #9617 by greggreene2
Replied by greggreene2 on topic Re: Chicago Surfski community
Hi Jonathan,
Kristin will be your key contact for the Chicago area and her Shoreline Marathon is a great event! I live 2.5 hours north of you and primarily paddle on a 35 mile long lake that is excellent for early season paddling... as it warms up faster than Lake MI. I also get on the Great Lakes as much as possible! Join me anytime. Please also consider paddling with us in a late June race around Washington Is. off the tip of Door Co. and an early August race in Two Harbors on Lake Superior! I can also put you in touch with some surfski friends in Chicagoland.

Greg
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9646 by cgreen
I live in Evanston and try to get out a few times a week. Would be great to have someone to paddle with.

Here is my email address: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

chris

More
12 years 3 months ago #9801 by kpalmquist
I would suggest that you check out the Midwest Performance Paddlers yahoo group (MIPP). It is fairly active, with several surfski paddlers who participate in the events already mentioned. Three are othere events in the Chicago area, too. The DesPlaines Marathon is an 18.5 mile river race in late May. There are many surfski entrants. Maybe we'll see youthere.

• Brisafari
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #18260 by Brisafari
Replied by Brisafari on topic Chicago Surfski community
Aloha,
Is there any place to rent a V8 Surfski in Chicago?
I will be visiting on Sept. 19 and would love to get in a paddle!

Thanks,
Brian

More
10 years 8 months ago #18267 by [email protected]
The Flentye's (run the Chicago Shoreline Marathon ) should know if anyone does... Give Kirsten a shout on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics