Matt Bowman's Epic V10

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #7637 by Kocho
Matt Bowman's Epic V10 was created by Kocho
I thought I read somewhere here that Matt Bowman (?) paddles a "modified" Epic V10 ski. Given that I did not dream this-up, can anyone enlighten me what was done to it? I recall it is due to his height... Is it just using a half-plate to gain a 1/3" or so by removing the foot plate, or somehow the cockpit is different?

Thanks!
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Kocho.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7642 by [email protected]
The cockpit itself for Matt's V10, at least the one he used for the US Surfski Champs (I was Matt's "ski roadie" for the race), was NOT modified; he simply uses a specially placed half foot board so that he gets an extra couple centimeters in leg length. Matt brought the parts with him from SA - he does this evidently as needed when racing oversees. It's a slightly different set up than the typical Epic "Big Boy" foot board that is cut downw and extended, to give Matt a touch more foot and leg room.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7645 by Kocho
Replied by Kocho on topic Re: Matt Bowman's Epic V10
Good info! Could you be more specific or provide a photo by chance? What is the difference with the Epic setup (which I understand is just missing the bottom half of the plate and the heels rest on the ski bulkhead)?

I'm 6'4" tall and as it is am maxing out the length of the ski - comfortable barefoot but too short with pretty much any footwear. Plus, with large feet, I feel the toe control pedals are a bit too low.

Will probably modify mine soon, so checking out options on how to best do it...

Thanks!

More
12 years 7 months ago #7646 by Rightarmbad
I agree, boats generally make not too many concessions for larger feet.
The sliding rails really should go upwards toward the front and the foot board be strong enough to not need to rest on the floor.
I hate having the balls of my feet on the steering

"Think", you guys seem to have all the little touches first, are you listening?

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
12 years 7 months ago #7648 by [email protected]
Epic has the specifics and can tell you exactly how much more leg room the modified foot board provides, and what Matt does differently for his set up. Sorry, I don't have any pics.

Latest Forum Topics