What's new in surfskis for 2022?

More
2 years 3 months ago #39408 by Epicpaddler
Almost every group has trade shows announcing the latest and greatest gear or innovations. Is there something like this for surfskis? The only thing I've seen for 2022  is Epic changed their Elite color scheme from black to gray. Any new boats, models, or gear to get excited about this year?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #39409 by sarzelopez
On the Epic color scheme, I would like a darker grey better (like primer grey) and being able to choose the bow color for a >5k boat. 

The couple pics I've seen it looks too light on the grey and weird with the white tips. 

• Goldschmidt
  • Visitor
2 years 2 months ago #39416 by Goldschmidt
Replied by Goldschmidt on topic What's new in surfskis for 2022?
White gelcoat boats are the easiest to repair.

Black boats soak up heat and are a nightmare to maintain their showroom polish, while getting colour matches on the Nelo or Think range is more trouble than it is worth.

Surely autoclave boats that have no join between their upper and lower mold pop-outs are the future for the highest strength to weight ratio. Vega/Ozone factory seem to be leading this evolution and am surprised that other brands have not been faster to follow. I presume maintaining sales margins is the main reason.

Finessing all other ski components is at the margin for me. KISS...

More
2 years 2 months ago #39433 by Ranga
Just a note one piece skis have been made for years by a few manufacturers, nothing revolutionary here! Autoclave is the main thing that is a step up. 

Latest Forum Topics