Dumped!

More
2 years 7 months ago #38968 by Epicpaddler
Dumped! was created by Epicpaddler
I've paddled my Epic v10g3 763 miles so far this year in almost every condition imaginable. Today I went for my typical 10k out and back paddle and got dumped 3 times. That's more than the last 6 months combined. It was blowing 15-20mph out of the SW which brought in about a 2-3' chop. Combined with the bulkheads at the harbor entrance and non stop power boat wake it was washing machine conditions. As I was powering through the slop I was hearing Nick Cryder saying "find your feet" and "power through it" and thinking, man, despite the mixed up water I'm moving along nicely. Then next thing I know I'm practicing a remount. Once I got situated and turned back the surfing was great. Before I knew it I was swimming again. Not sure if my balance has gone to shit or if the conditions were one notch above my ability, but it was humbling and frustrating. I've been paddling this same route 3-4 times a week since I got the v10. 

Anyone have a day like that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #38972 by tve
Replied by tve on topic Dumped!
Haha! I normally fall in about once a month, typically doing something stupid, like adjusting something while waiting. Last week I fell in two days in a row! And both times going downwind at that, where I almost never fall in. Also a V10g3... Your boat and mine must have had the same timer go off???

More
2 years 7 months ago #38993 by waverider
Replied by waverider on topic Dumped!
Sometimes its frame of mind, either distracted and not paying attention or at the other end of the scale anxiety due to the first dumping you kinda think yourself into it. Or just plain coincidence

Latest Forum Topics