Lulling/Sleeping legs after around an hour of paddle

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #38222 by tarni
I already tried to move them more, but without good success. Only getting out of the surfski or putting the legs off the ski (in the water) really helps. But I don't want to stop paddling ..

Any advice on how to prevent this? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #38223 by [email protected]
What boat are you paddling?

Older Fenn models were notorious for causing "dead-leg".

You could try installing a bum pad, and/or adjusting leg length, or changing boats.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #38224 by tarni
Thanks Rob. I'm paddling a Think Evo (3th generation) and will give your input a try

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #38227 by tve

tarni wrote: Thanks Rob. I'm paddling a Think Evo (3th generation) and will give your input a try

I had (and sometimes still have) problems with cramps in my toes that got alleviated by shortening the leg length of the foot rest position. You have to play with posture and set-up... Try to exaggeratedly pull up your "idle" leg when rotating, does that help and restore some blood flow?

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #38236 by Bill L
I used to get dead leg, but no more.  For what it's worth, for me, the reason was tight hamstrings due to a lot of running.  Several years ago I stopped running quite as much, for other reasons.  Pretty much instantly my surfkiing dead legs went away.  I still run, just as far but not as many days per week.

Latest Forum Topics