Winter US destination

More
5 years 4 months ago #33108 by Gooch
Winter US destination was created by Gooch
Looking to take a trip this winter to get some paddle time in. Wondering if anyone can recommend a location that has a demo shop since i do not think i can pack my ski. Anywhere in the US that you know you can rent skis and get out for a few days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #33121 by mickeyA
Replied by mickeyA on topic Winter US destination
South Florida is nice.  East coast has venturesport, Bruce Gipson, with Fenn, et al, while west coast has a few between Tampa and Marco island, namely Cape Coral.  Not sure of the names, but Nelo is represented.  Might check the status of red tide, which should be subdued by now.

KR McGregor Rhythm, V10Sport, Swordfish S, Fenn Tarpon S, Fenn XT, Twogood Chalupski, Findeisen Stinger spec. Had: V12, Stellar SE, Huki S1-X, Burton wedge2, Fenn Tarpon

More
5 years 4 months ago #33126 by d0uglass
Replied by d0uglass on topic Winter US destination
I'm in SW Florida between Naples and Fort Myers. 

Paddlesports of Naples is our local surfski connection. Jay Rose operates it and he has a storage unit full of various kinds of Nelo and Stellar skis and kayaks. 

www.paddlesportsofnaples.com/about-us/10...18765966460485831_o/

It's true we've had a devastating red tide algae bloom this year, exacerbated by decades of nutrient pollution and poor water management in the rapidly overpopulating state of Florida. (Stupid humans- we will be the death of us.) However, Naples has mostly been south of the bad bloom, and our beaches are fine for the moment. You can see maps of where in Florida the red tide is bad here:

myfwc.com/RedTideStatus

Don't go anywhere that there are red or orange dots or you'll be awash in toxic fumes and dead and dying fish, dolphins, sea turtles, and manatees. 

Stellar SEI 1g

Latest Forum Topics