Surf Ski Coach Podcast - Improving Your Balance

More
5 years 8 months ago #32182 by Paddle2Fitness
Our latest Surf Ski Coach Podcast is now ready for you to download from our web site or iTunes. This month we discuss"Improving your Balance". If you are a more visual padlder, go to our instagram page 'surfski.coach' as we have upload a short video. This is the 12th podcast so if you have not listened to any of them yet, go back and start from #00. Happy paddling.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #32194 by DrA5
Just subscribed on my Podcast Addict app! Thanks for the notice. I was not aware of any other surfski podcasts other than TC Surfski and Robin's SA Surfski ones.

More
5 years 8 months ago #32200 by Paddle2Fitness
Hi DrA5, thank for your support. I have listened to TC and he does great interviews but my clients were looking for a short 10-15min technique based podcast which is what I have done. If you have any topics you would like me to discuss please email me. Always happy to give back to the sport.

More
5 years 8 months ago #32204 by tve
Nice, podcast, thanks for producing it! I'm too far away to swing by and take a lesson, sadly.
One topic that would be awesome if you could cover is the beach start, specially when the waves break practically onto the beach and the whitewater wash comes all the way in. Do you have some similar timing tricks for getting the boat into the water and hopping in, like the ones you spoke to about getting through the surf?

More
5 years 8 months ago #32206 by Paddle2Fitness
Hi tve, yes we do have that issue here in the Gold Coast and i have seen so many paddlers get smashed simply getting onto their skis from the beach. Let me have a think about how I would do this but I can definitely put something together. Thank you for the feedback.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RonyMaier

More
5 years 8 months ago #32210 by kwolfe
Great podcast, I also listened to the one regarding leg drive and couldn't agree more. Funny because its the first time I've heard someone focus on "pulling" the opposite leg. I've actually been working on this a lot in the past year and it helps immensely.

Thanks

More
5 years 8 months ago #32211 by Paddle2Fitness
Hi Kwolfe, thank you for the feedback. As you all know, paddling is about rotation and this rotation comes from the hips. Pushing back into the seat will hinder rotation where pulling the opposite hip forward will only assist it and help produce more power. Thank for your support and happy listening.

More
5 years 7 months ago #32462 by Paddle2Fitness
Hi tve, We have put something together for you. Please let us know if it helps. www.paddle2fitness.com.au/podcasts/

Latest Forum Topics