waist leash setup

More
6 years 1 month ago #31967 by sski
waist leash setup was created by sski
Would someone please post a pic or three of their waist leash setup? Or post a link with pics. I'd like to be able to get on the other side of the boat easily (see crossbeam dunks :) ). Or to clean the rudder of weeds. TIA!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wombat661
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago #31969 by Wombat661
Replied by Wombat661 on topic waist leash setup
My Fenn XT does not have a rear handle, so I used two NSI rubber plate with sewn in spectra loop. The orange rope with metal eyelets ties the two rubber plates together.
Purpose for this set-up.

Orange rope with slippery metal eyelet evenly splits the load between both plate in all directions.
If one plate comes off, the middle ring is small enough that the rope cannot slip thru.
Sewn a piece of neoprene (mouse pad) on middle ring to eliminate scratching the gel coat.
Harness is anchored to the back of the boat so boat will rotate and not get hit on the side by the wave.
I would not expect forces to be huge if boat is pointed into the wave.

I have not tested this out in serious conditions, but it does feel sturdy. NSI do sell adhesive footstrap pad. Think two of those would be impossible to tear off.

Downside:
The setup is heavier compared to leg strap. You feel it when carrying the boat.
The long bungee can get wrapped around the rudder when you are in the water.

Upside:
Leash does get completely out of the way. You can get into the water and swim around or dive down to look at the fish.
Attachments:

More
6 years 1 month ago #31976 by paddlepop
Replied by paddlepop on topic waist leash setup
i use the waist leash i made for my SUP but looped through the rear handle of my V5. an appropriate waist length of 50mm dive/seat/wave ski webbing has long long strips of velcro sewn on and goes through the other end of the leg rope that would normally wrap around your ankle.
it's always out of the way when in use and i'll never go back to a normal leggie on my ski or SUP

pete
Attachments: