New Paddling Hat Design

More
5 years 9 months ago #31793 by foundwood
First and foremost: I represent Epic in Southeastern, NC. There is a little plug at the end. Please check out my design for a paddling hat:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #31794 by LakeMan
Replied by LakeMan on topic New Paddling Hat Design
That's quite an interesting design. If I ever go bald I may give that a try.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

More
5 years 9 months ago #31797 by tve
Replied by tve on topic New Paddling Hat Design
I may not understand, but it seems like it would leave an interesting sunburn pattern on the scalp... ?
I use the patagonia surf hat, which works very well. Only issue it has is no neoprene or similar over the ears, which would be good when it's coldish to reduce surfer's ear issues. When it's hot it's also a bit too warm, need to switch to a cap then...

More
5 years 9 months ago #31798 by Fath2o
Replied by Fath2o on topic New Paddling Hat Design
Thorsten, it's easy to modify your bucket type surf hat to protect your ears. Cut and glue some neoprene (from an old wetsuit) to the strap yoke around the ears. I use a spray contact cement. I can leave a piece with your package by the shower shelf. The FCS surf hat has a thin layer of lycra that covers the ears. I have one with neoprene and dark color and the other with lycra and lighter color for warmer wx.
Having had both ears drilled and my left ear having symptoms of needing a third drilling from surfers ear. I know how important it is to protect those ears from exposure. Not a pleasant condition.

Attachments:

Latest Forum Topics