Looking for Bjorn Ulvaeus, surfski paddler in Stockholm

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #31424 by [email protected]
Yep, that's right, according to the Irish Independent , the reason that Ulvaeus (an obscure pop artist from last century) doesn't want to go on tour again is "...it would be like robbing yourself of, perhaps, two or three years out of your life when I could be paddling on my surf ski in the archipelago of Stockholm instead."

How cool is that?

But, questions...

When did he start paddling?
What ski does he use?
What paddle does he use?
How often does he go?
Do any of the other members of the group paddle?
Does he like downwind?

So if anyone of our Swedish readers knows him or how to get hold of him, won't you let me know?

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by [email protected].

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #31425 by feeny
I love how:

"Was his music any good"

..is a completely irrelevant question here :)

More
6 years 2 months ago #31435 by [email protected]
So, I did get a reply from Björn, which is really cool.

From what I've heard he's a really private individual, so I wasn't really expecting him to agree to an interview, but he did say:
  • He owns both an Epic V8 Pro Ultra and a Nelo 520 (which fits on his yacht)
  • He paddles flat water in the Stockholm archipelago (a "Miller's Run is out of the question"! Which implies that he knows what a Miller's Run is!)

So there we are - I'm chuffed as a newt that he's a fan of surfski paddling.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...