VHF radio MMSI registration

More
4 years 7 months ago #35035 by [email protected]

I know this post is a bit old but I found this while doing some searching. I have a icom M93 D DSC radio. I'm going through the same trouble it has a MMSI number that I need to reset - were you able to get yours reset and if so how did you accomplish this? Thanks in advance. 

You can have it reset, but you have to return the radio to an agent to have it done for you.  

I've not been able to find any workaround to this.  

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #35036 by tve
Replied by tve on topic VHF radio MMSI registration
You could try chirp:  chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp , I can't find an up-to-date list of supported radios. I used it for my HX870 and that is not listed on any of the "supported radios" pages. I know it can reprogram the MMSI in that radio, it turns out to be just another setting.

More
4 years 7 months ago #35038 by Mjschultz
What is the chirp site? I looked at it and searched it but couldn't find anything. Could you provide a link to where the instructions are your referring to?

More
4 years 7 months ago #35113 by Fath2o
Replied by Fath2o on topic VHF radio MMSI registration
Not 100% certain but, think you have send back to factory for reset? good luck.

Latest Forum Topics