New Surfski.info layout

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #30584 by [email protected]
Hello all

Anyone have any feedback on the new layout of surfski.info? Still a work in progress - the articles in Tips & Techniques and Safety need some revamping.

We're about to add a new reviews module that I hope will be interesting to people.

Will also be making a big effort to update content regularly moving forward...

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by [email protected].

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #30585 by mike k
Replied by mike k on topic New Surfski.info layout
Hi Robin,

I must admit I hadn't realised the whole site had been revamped because I had a direct link straight to the forum.
After a quick look I would say it looks much fresher, uncluttered and smart. Look forward to more updates and have seen articles I have not previously read.

Regards

Mike

More
6 years 4 months ago #30587 by nwsurfskier
Replied by nwsurfskier on topic New Surfski.info layout
I like the new layout. Much easier to navigate the site.

• malvina
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #30608 by malvina
Replied by malvina on topic New Surfski.info layout
Looks and feel much better now. It would be great if one could follow the racing information and results from this page.

That would be ideal, but the page is already wonderful. The closest thing to a surfski community that I have found. Thanks for your effort

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #30609 by Watto
Replied by Watto on topic New Surfski.info layout
Excellent Rob, working really well. Would be good to see Thank You from others more often, try to do it where I can without going over the top. Many brilliant contributions sometimes swallowed in cut and thrust between combatants. As the forum very much the key element of Sufski.info here's an opportunity for many who tune in but don't comment to add their two bits/two bob's worth.

Great work overall.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Watto.

More
6 years 4 months ago #30630 by Henning DK
Replied by Henning DK on topic New Surfski.info layout
Very nice site, the forum in particular as well as good contributions from yourself!
One thing I have been looking for that might fit in here would be a world wide ocean race calendar where members could add information obout race dates, places, and links to race information (results when done). It may be some project to setup if you don't have a suitable calendar module, but it could be quite self organized like the forum, once up and running?

More
6 years 4 months ago #30631 by TaffyMick
Replied by TaffyMick on topic New Surfski.info layout
Hi Rob,

Much easier on the eye and easier to navigate. Great work mate.

Mick

Stellar SEI, Fenn Bluefin S, Sladecraft Comet Long Rec & Vajda K1

More
6 years 4 months ago #30632 by owenfromwales
Layout looks great, thanks Rob.

One thing though (and this may well be just me and my computer). I just tried to post a piccy (3.7mb), but it wouldn`t load it. I tried the add attachment as well as dragging it, but to no avail. Like I said, may well be something at my end, but it used to be ok on the old layout.

Owen

189cm 90~100kg
Present skis:
2017 Stellar SEI 2G
1993 Gaisford Spec Ski
1980s Pratt Spec Ski
1980s UK Surf Skis Ocean Razor
Previous
1980s UK Surf Skis Ocean Razor X 3
1987 Kevlar Chalupsky (Hummel) (Welsh copy!)
1988 Kevlar Double Chalupsky
1992 Hammerhead spec
2000 Fenn copy

More
6 years 4 months ago #30635 by Hiro
Replied by Hiro on topic New Surfski.info layout
Nice new layout. Looks great and s easy to read.

Only small problem for me is that the previous version would keep me logged in. Now, I have to sign in everytime I come back to visit the forum. Maybe there's just a box to check and lazy me didn't find it...

• Jef58
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #30638 by Jef58
Replied by Jef58 on topic New Surfski.info layout
I will mirror the sentiments already mentioned on how nice it is to have a forum like this. The hard work is appreciated.
It would be nice to have some posts in some kind of "sticky" or an easily reached spot. Posts in particular are Owen's Surfski length x width list and Kiwi Dave's Surfski comparison one. Unless I missed something, I end up searching through the posts to find them. Other than that, all is well...and thanks again for the effort.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #30639 by fredrik
Replied by fredrik on topic New Surfski.info layout
Rob 99% is super but the layout does not fit my android phone (galaxy 7) properly.

Fyg; on the forum pages the placement of the the hamburger menu and the starting line of the replies does not fit correctly ( the reply overlap the heading)

:-)
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by fredrik.

More
6 years 4 months ago #30657 by nwsurfskier
Replied by nwsurfskier on topic New Surfski.info layout
The changes are really nice. I used to be able to stay logged into the site for days. Now I have to sign in every time open the page. Is this intentional?

Latest Forum Topics