Carbonology Zest original

More
7 years 8 months ago #26459 by rudie
Hi all
Can anyone tell me the difference between the original and current Zest. Good and Bad.
Im 85 kg and short legs 80cm inseam (crutch to ground)
Stability levels?
How they handle wind chop
Shorter wave length.
Compared to a Evo1?
Cheers
Rudi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #26463 by zamalek
Replied by zamalek on topic Carbonology Zest original
Had a Swordfish before and been paddling new Zest for around two years now.Zest is a "larger" version of the Vault model where Vault is good for around 75kg paddler,the Zest is for us normal folk in the 85-90kg category.The Zest is slightly more unstable when compared to the SF but quicker and has improved my downwinding considerably.It can hop onto the smallest of runs and linking runs is simple.The nose is fairly low volume but this increases to just in front of your feet and I do feel this is what helps get it onto the runs.Has such a simple adjustment design for setting feet length,you wonder how some major manufacturers still have not caught up.Have paddled in all conditions including buster South Westerlies off Durban without a problem and for me my boat of choice.

Negatives,not many,bucket is a bit too wide and a little bit too light for North Durban conditions with launching and landing virtually always being through decent surf.

More
7 years 8 months ago #26465 by rudie
Replied by rudie on topic Carbonology Zest original
Thanks zamalek for your reply.
Have you ever seen the original Zest and how it might compare to the current one?

More
7 years 8 months ago #26466 by zamalek
Replied by zamalek on topic Carbonology Zest original
The old Zest was comparable to the Fenn XT,slower and more stable.New one for me is between an intermediate and top of the range ski.

More
7 years 8 months ago #26467 by rudie
Replied by rudie on topic Carbonology Zest original
That sounds appealing, the old one.
I found a 11kg carbon one. So that might make for a fast wave attacking fun boat
Thanks

Latest Forum Topics