Tracking for safety

More
8 years 5 days ago - 8 years 5 days ago #26095 by Mako
Tracking for safety was created by Mako
I've been using a free phone tracker for some time and think and it may be useful for racing and training safety in the absence of event / private tracking. I'm on 24/7. Any IOS / Android GPS enabled smartphone works.

The app is Traccar Client. Download to your phone and it gives the phone a unique ID. Then go to the website and add your ID to the Devices tab using any name you choose then fill in the identifier (ID shown on your phone when the app is opened. It's as easy as that.

To try it out you can go to www.demo.traccar.org and login using This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and password surfskisafety or you can open your own account.
You can decide if you want to be tracked and turn the app on and off in a second. You can set time period interval for position upload from every second to a few minutes. I've not found any significant data penalty. There's a Traccar Manager app for logging in on a smartphone / tablet.

Look carefully and you can play back anyone's track that is registered. You can remove yourself from the page as you can anyone else so please play nice if you decide to use or try it out on the This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. LOGIN. You can also check the battery condition of the phone you are tracking which is a big plus in working out if the phone is going to drop off.
The App is a free / donate site and is still being developed by Anton Tananaev. I'm on 24/7 for the moment. You can only use your identifier on one LOGIN page. If you want to migrate to another Login you need to uninstall the app and download it again which only takes a minute and gives you a new device identifier (ID number). Feel free to login using the This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. account. It takes a while before you show up on the page.
Last edit: 8 years 5 days ago by Mako.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sv607

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sv607
  • Fenn SwordFish S,Stellar SR,Fenn XT
More
7 years 11 months ago #26166 by sv607
Replied by sv607 on topic Tracking for safety
looks good. am interested in it. been using map my fitness to track

Paddle Smart. Come Home Alive :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics