Surfski Info really slow or is it just us?

More
8 years 6 months ago #25458 by Kayaker Greg
On both my PC and my wifes laptop Surfski Info loads so slow, been like this for several weeks, trying to work out if its a server or router issue at our end or if others have the same problems? Sometimes its like its not going to load at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #25459 by Fath2o
Not here. Virus?

More
8 years 6 months ago #25460 by Kayaker Greg
Thanks, no virus and both on Windows 10 and on the roll back to Windows 8.1, slow on Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer, tried going through different servers, possibly the router as there are a couple of different sites that are a bit similar but most of the regular sites load snappy as. Something to do with the Security Certs perhaps, get the "establishing secure connection" notification in Chrome.

I'll keep searching for a solution now I know its not Surfski Info that is slow.

More
8 years 6 months ago #25463 by Kayaker Greg
Now the funny thing is, after weeks and weeks of slow page response, this site is now back to being snappy :lol:

More
8 years 6 months ago #25464 by Fath2o
We were having problems staying connected to netflix. My son stepped in (my wife and I are clueless) and installed a new router that solved a lot of problems and sped up our connection.

More
8 years 6 months ago #25467 by Kayaker Greg
Spoke to soon, back to barely opening the site again, guess I'll have to try updating the firmware on the router, just hate mucking about with computers so much these days whenever there is a problem. Thanks for the reply, very helpful.

More
8 years 6 months ago #25480 by Ranga
Thought you were talking about the latest news updates!
And yes you are correct it is not just you, there are ski races going on around the world.
Not one world cup race even mentioned on this site.

• photofr
  • Platinum Member
  • SURFSKI: K1 560M - 560x43.8 / K2 Viper - 650x56
More
8 years 6 months ago #25537 by photofr
Have you done a speed check with your "home" Internet connection?

Ludovic
(Brittany, France)

More
8 years 6 months ago #25538 by Kayaker Greg
Yes internet speed is fine, just to update and put this post to bed, reset the router back to default factory settings and then updated the firmware, everything working fine now.