GoPro mount

• Rod Thomas
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #25034 by Rod Thomas
GoPro mount was created by Rod Thomas
The set of mounts that come with the GoPro include flat ones and curved ones. The trouble is the curved ones curve the wrong way. If you want to mount a Go Pro on the back of a surfski, do you just use a flat one? If so is it necessary to epoxy it? Or do they now produce one that fits? (I don't want to get into anything complicated like a mast)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #25037 by Kayaker Greg
Replied by Kayaker Greg on topic GoPro mount
I wouldn't epoxy a Go Pro mount to your ski, all the mounts I have used have never come off, the glue they come with is very good, however I also always leash the camera for surety.

• Rod Thomas
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #25040 by Rod Thomas
Replied by Rod Thomas on topic GoPro mount
So there are no GoPro mounts, even third-party ones, that curve the right way for a surfski?

More
8 years 9 months ago #25041 by Kayaker Greg
Both my surfski and sea kayak have flat mounts on them, one is front to rear, one is side to side if you get what I mean, at right angles to each other, there are so many brackets available for mounting the Go Pro to the mounts that either way works, so if you have to use a curved mount use it, then use a bracket that orientates your camera in the right direction.

• Rod Thomas
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #25042 by Rod Thomas
Replied by Rod Thomas on topic GoPro mount
Thanks for your reply. A flat one won't fit on the back of my surfski so I'll have to use a curved one. To get it pointing forward the 'cheapest' option seems to be a Ball Joint for ¥3900. Would you agree? Seems to be GoPro's way of getting you to buy new kit.

More
8 years 9 months ago #25043 by Kayaker Greg
I'm not sure what the ball joint is, have not seen one, I have a few brackets that turn the camera to a right angle like in the link below, the item on the right of the pic. I went this way on my sea kayak as the mount was between the rudder and where I mount my spare paddle, so it was easier to put the mount so the camera mounted from the side, also it lifted the camera a few cm's above the spare paddle for a clear view. I see my Fenn is quite rounded on the deck (but I have not mounted a camera on the rear of the Fenn), my Stellars are flat so I put the mount on the rear so that the camera slides in from the front or rear. My Fenn has a camera mount on the front hull, a curved one and the camera mounts from the side with the right angle bracket. The suction cup mount works quite well to on the flat front of my Stellars. So you probably need to buy a similar kit to below, I swear I have just about every available accessory but hardly ever use my camera :blink:

shop.gopro.com/APAC/mounts/replacement-parts/AGBAG-001.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rod Thomas