Old epic surfski footwell

More
8 years 11 months ago #24426 by Billvs
New user, just bought a 1990s vintage Epic surfski. Took it out on the lake, had a few swims but I am starting to get the hang of it. I am 6'3, and the dual footwell have a filler screwed in to shorten them. Ithink i just need to remove the filler plate and put the pedals at the end of the footwell. There seems to be some epoxy or dried caulk as well.

Is there a manual for an 1990s Epic surfski? The ski is 20 ft by about 19 inches, split footwell, metal rudder mounted on the transom. No venturi. There is a drain plug on the bow.

Thanks in advance
Bill VerSteeg
Lake lanier Georgia and
New Smyrna Beach Florida

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #24433 by [email protected]
Hey Bill, if it's a double footwell (ie one for each foot with a solid divider between, then it doesn't sound like an Epic... Can you post a photo maybe?

But in any case, I've never seen a manual for a surfski in my life! If it is an Epic, probably best to contact them directly at epickayaks.com.

Cheers, Rob

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
8 years 11 months ago #24436 by Billvs
Replied by Billvs on topic Old epic surfski footwell
My bad, it is not an epic. I will submit a new thread with the right title. I am fighting with the system thinking my IP address is banned, so having to use my phone rather than my computer.....

Bvs