Fenn Elite S Double

More
8 years 11 months ago #23870 by Nige
Fenn Elite S Double was created by Nige
I just took delivery of my new Elite S Double, and paddled a 26km downwind in light 10-15 knot conditions over the weekend.

Compared with the Fenn Elite, the major differences are the paddle cutouts, less nose volume, lower seat humps, leash attachment points and the seats have been moved forward.(See photos)

The ski handled very nicely in the downwind, although conditions were quite light, and the lower nose volume was never a problem. The moving of the seats forward improves the ability to catch runs, although the rear paddle cutout allows water to get into the bucket more easily.

I'm now looking forward to trying it out in a big downwind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kmac

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #23871 by zamalek
Replied by zamalek on topic Fenn Elite S Double
Do you still feel like you are paddling "uphill"?Was never a problem until I bought a Carbonology single and is now very noticable when switching between the two boats,my double being an Elite.

More
8 years 11 months ago #23872 by Nige
Replied by Nige on topic Fenn Elite S Double
I've never really had the "uphill" feeling on my previous Fenn Elite double, but I did often get the feeling that my butt was slipping forward in the bucket, and I wasn't that happy with the seating position in the Double.

In any event, the S model skis have a lower seat hump and the seating position is much improved over the previous Elites, on both single and double skis.

More
8 years 11 months ago #23878 by gwynnd
Replied by gwynnd on topic Fenn Elite S Double
My partner and I tried the normal Fenn Elite double and he found (sitting at the back) that the rail position and hump did not really allow his legs to work very well. Do you feel the S would suite the shorter legged paddler more than the original craft? Thanks for your post.

More
8 years 11 months ago #23879 by Nige
Interesting you should ask that, because I went for a paddle with a short friend in the back yesterday afternoon.

He said its the most comfortable Fenn he's been in, and for the first time he was able to sit without his calves pressing against the hump, and drive with his legs. He also enjoyed the paddle cutouts.

So yes, from a short paddler's perspective its a big improvement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kmac

More
8 years 11 months ago #23958 by MelMM
Replied by MelMM on topic Fenn Elite S Double
How does the stability compare to the original Elite double? Similar?

More
8 years 11 months ago #23963 by Nige
Yes, the stability is pretty much the same as the Elite

More
8 years 11 months ago #23970 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic Fenn Elite S Double
This boat sounds like a winner. I loved the way the old elite double surfed but agree with many that the seat position was not ideal.

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

Latest Forum Topics