fixed my bung problem on my fenn

• sv607
  • Fenn SwordFish S,Stellar SR,Fenn XT
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #23474 by sv607
i know many people tape over there drain holes above the cockpit. here in Australia sometimes its stinking hot here. little concerned about the heat causing the ski to expand. so decided on adding a drain cap from stellar. for $4 and silicone its fixed. Fenn should have the same system on all there models.

Paddle Smart. Come Home Alive :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by sv607.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sammclean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #23475 by sammclean
Nice one! I have the same concern. Did you drill into the ski to put those screws in? Is it just like drilling wood - do some pilot holes and then straight in?

• sv607
  • Fenn SwordFish S,Stellar SR,Fenn XT
More
9 years 1 month ago #23477 by sv607
yes i drilled them. i used a small cone shaped grinding attachment to my drill. used a 10 cent piece from here. perfect size for the hole. marked it and only few seconds to do the hole. put silicone around the hole and under the plug. and strewed it down. left the plug open while it set.

Paddle Smart. Come Home Alive :)

More
9 years 1 month ago #23481 by Ranga
What! you spent 50c on a bung? what for? Is the standard rubber bung not good enough, come on they do give you two!

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #23646 by TodS
had a problem knocking mine out every time I have to remount my Swordfish, I ended up just taping it each time out. Keep a role of electric tape in my LJ pocket. Not elegant but it works.

Latest Forum Topics