Stellar SEL vs Epic v10

More
9 years 3 months ago #23013 by boss
Stellar SEL vs Epic v10 was created by boss
Looking for feed back on how these to skis compare. I currently own a Stellar SEL excel and find its a nice boat and find it runs very well in flat and smaller conditions. I am looking for something with a litter bit more volume for downwind runs as I am about 95 Kg. the V10 model I am looking at is the previous V10 red nose but without the cutaways.I think its the Gen 1. Are these models as easy to remount as the stellar SEL?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #23015 by cdo
Replied by cdo on topic Stellar SEL vs Epic v10
Hi boss,
From my limited experience of the Gen 1 v10 then no, the V10 is a harder remount than the SEL. The Gen 2 would be much closer though.

Cheers

More
9 years 3 months ago #23034 by red_pepper
Replied by red_pepper on topic Stellar SEL vs Epic v10
I owned a Stellar SE carbon as well as an Epic V10L Ultra, and paddled an SEL on occasion as well. The boats are about equally easy to reenter; neither one should be a problem.

• Treeman
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago #23035 by Treeman
Replied by Treeman on topic Stellar SEL vs Epic v10
I agree with Red Pepper, as long as the Epic's are Gen 2. Both the SE and SEL are more stable and an easier remount than Gen 1 V10 or V10L.

More
9 years 3 months ago #23036 by red_pepper
Replied by red_pepper on topic Stellar SEL vs Epic v10
My V10L was a Gen1, but I found it very easy to remount. Perhaps it depends somewhat on your remount method (I use the straddle method rather than the side-saddle method), but in terms of being easy to pull yourself upon the boat and get back into the cockpit I thought the Stellars and Epics were pretty equal. How well you do after you reenter depends on your stability. :)

Latest Forum Topics