Has Robdotinfo lost the plot?

More
9 years 8 months ago #22365 by Mako
Rob is well known for carrying all of the correct kit. Cell with his mother on speed dial, another cell with NSRI on speed dial, cap with peak so he can see the screen, thick spec's for the same, whistle, flares, matches, dry tinder, piece of string and the rest.

Last night he tied a pair of flip flops into his foot well just in case he has to walk frome somewhere to somewhere else!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #22367 by LaPerouseBay
I was wishing I had a piece of string last Sunday. Thanks for the reminder, I'll stuff one in my pfd today.

As for slippers, I almost always carry them. On odd occasions the walk will be from the truck across a sandy beach. But if it's rocky or has glass and garbage, I'm wearing protection. I work on my feet. We have some nasty bacteria strains here in the tropics. Puncture wound on the foot? No thanks...

This site has set me up for safety stuff. My hat's off to those of you that paddle in cold water. Most here in Hawaii don't have any safety stuff, and I mean zero. They just swim in. I try to carry everything if offshore. And I mean everything.

Sorry if I derailed your thread, but safety stuff is important to me. It's scary what folks do here. I've been involved in more than one rescue and heard of many others that were very, very close to fatal.

I don't know what 'lost the plot' means anyhow...

downwind dilettante

More
9 years 8 months ago #22368 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Has Robdotinfo lost the plot?
Not sure if Mako is joking here or not. If the plot is to paddle off shore without a plan b,c,and maybe d and the kit you may need to cover the base then , I hope Rob has "lost the plot". as to flip flops/foot protection....pretty smart in environments with sharp things , stingy things , and infectious things.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #22370 by sAsLEX

Sandy wrote: ....pretty smart in environments with sharp things , stingy things , and infectious things.

or hot black sand beaches....
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by sAsLEX.

More
9 years 8 months ago #22372 by Dicko
Replied by Dicko on topic Has Robdotinfo lost the plot?
My wife does that! We call her the princess.

In Australia it is acceptable sport to pick on your mates. If big Al falls in, that's funny. If Dave wears booties or gloves or a shark shield, that's funny. If big Al can't get back in and starts swearing , that's even funnier. If Tony puts his paddle together back to front, that's funny.

Mako, you are doing rob a favour by outing him early. If he turns up at the doctor with thongs in his boat, he probably won't be allowed to paddle.

More
9 years 8 months ago #22373 by JonathanC
A few years ago, did my first Doctor, stinking hot and wind blowing the wrong way so we started early in the morning and paddled the opposite direction to usual, from Perth beach out to Rottnest Island.

The pub on Rotto wouldn't let you in without some sort of footwear. Let me tell you, no one was making fun of the thong/flip-flop/slipper carriers that day!