fenn xt vac glass vs epic v10 sport performance

More
9 years 6 months ago #21908 by steveb226
Wondering if anyone has paddled both the fenn xt vac glass and the epic v10 sport performance (current models).
would like to know pros and cons of both... speed, stability, ease of remount, etc.
I am trying to choose between the two of these boats. I am a beginner to intermediate ocean paddler with no real plans to get into big offshore.
Any thoughts appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #21916 by epic5253
Hi, my suggestion is to get in them and experience the ski's yourself. What works for 1 person might not work for another.

More
9 years 6 months ago #21951 by surfskiforfun
The xt seems a tiny bit more stable, but the v10s is stable enough. I did not measure speed difference, but the v10s feelt quicker. Love the epic bailer.
My ass fits better in the epic, and I guess thats the most important argument.
:)

More
9 years 6 months ago #21955 by Love2ski
I have had both boats and paddled them extensively. The biggest difference between the two is the length with the v10 about 40cm longer.

This means the xt is great for downwind with its short length making it stable and responsive. However if you want to go faster on the flat or normal racing, which rarely has good downwind then the v10 is significantly faster. The v10 is capable of being competitive with most intermediate boats such as the evo or swordfish. The xt is simply not competitive as it does not meet the 6.2m intermediate length.

More
9 years 6 months ago #21958 by Scode
The XT is listed as 5.88m on the Ocean Paddler website and the V10 Sport at 6.1m on the Epic website or a difference of 22cm. And since when did a ski have to be a certain length to be a beginner, intermediate or elite category ski?
Try telling Tom Jacobs on his Nelo 560 he's paddling a beginner category ski.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #21959 by Love2ski
I'm entitled to my opinion. Tim Jacobs is a very unique paddler. It is absolutely the case that the elite skis are longer than the beginner skis. So pull your head in.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Love2ski.

Latest Forum Topics