Double Skis Compared

More
9 years 10 months ago #21884 by Kennneee
Hi All,
Thinking about buying a double ski. Would love some input on new Epic V10 double compared to the Fenn Elite double and the older Stellar double. I am interested in comfort and stability over speed but speed is certainly a factor. Most of the paddling in this ski will be with my wife and me and that would total around 275 lbs of paddlers. I also have a double racing partner that would bring the combined weight up to around 375lbs. Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #21895 by Simon Haywood
Replied by Simon Haywood on topic Double Skis Compared
Ken, I've paddled a Fenn XT Double (too heavy) The Epic V10 Double and have owned both models by Stellar - S2EL (advantage) & S2E (Excel)- Without any hesitation I would recommend the Stellar our crew weight was closer to 200kg the S2EL didn't have enough volume for us but is probably better suited to your weight - Best bet is to go out and try them all.

Previous craft: Affinity, Endorfinn, Multisport, Epic V8, V10sport, V10, V12, Fenn Swordfish, Spirit PRS Elite; Stellar S18S, SR, SE, SEL, S2E, S2EL

Current Skis:
Huki S1-R
Stellar S18S - Excel
Stellar SR - Ultra

Skis on order: None!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kennneee

More
9 years 10 months ago #21896 by Fuyang Guy
Replied by Fuyang Guy on topic Double Skis Compared
Never discount the advantages of the Epic bailer.
Dry boat at stationary and low speed, and the ability to empty the ski far more quickly when you need it.
Important, as the back of every double gets swamped if you get it a little wrong on a decent down wind.
But, as Simon says, try them. comfort is at least as important as any other factor