Stability of the Red7 surfski

More
10 years 1 month ago #20992 by JBN
Hey
Just a litlle about my background i have paddled kayak for a Little under a year now, minus some month during the Winter. In fall i bought my first surfski which have the same dimension as the epic v12 i mainly bougth it because i got a really good deal on it. I can handle it fine on flat Water and smaller waves. But now that I'm a half year old and wiser, it whould be nice to have one that are abit more stable for the days where the wheather isn't good.
And here comes the question, i have looked on at the Red7 used which is abit shorter but wider, how does it compare in stability to the epic v12?
I plan to keep my surfski and learn to handle it in the bigger waves, do you have some advice how to learn it in a safe way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #20993 by Ranga
Replied by Ranga on topic Stability of the Red7 surfski
Not sure what Red7 you are talking about, but the one I have paddled is very similar stability to the V12 and Old V10.
The old Valeru Red7 is very unstable, doubt that is the one you are talking about. I think it might be the Pro60 ? or something like. Pictures of the ski would give a better idea which model you are talking about.
However if you are an Epic fan the new V10 is markedly more stable than the V12, and the New V10 Sport even more so. But if you can find a second hand V10 Sport you will not be disappointed either.

More
10 years 1 month ago #20994 by portmanm
Paddled a V12 for 12 months in all conditions, found it too tough in large mixed conditions, moved to new V10 model & paddled for last 6 months in conditions up to 2-3m swell 30+ knot winds, I'm more confident in all types of conditions. Miss the speed of the V12 on the flat but that's the trade off. Anything over 4m swell, I drop back to my daughters V8, way more fun :-)

If you can get a hold of a Vajda Hawx 46 give it a go, pretty similar to the new V10 I think.

Bio
- 90kg, 183cm, paddling 90+% in ocean conditions for 5 years. Prefer downwind.
- Epic V12 1G, V10 1G/2G, V10 Sport, V8 & V8 Pro
- Stellar SEI 1G/2G, SES 1G/2G, SEL 2G, SR 2G & S2E
- Vadja Hawx 43/46/52
- Think Evo II 2G, Ion 1G
- Fenn Elite S, Swordfish S
- Nelo 560M

More
10 years 1 month ago #20995 by JBN
Replied by JBN on topic Stability of the Red7 surfski
Thanks for the quick answers. Here is a link to the Red7 surfski, it's in danish but maybe you can see which model it is from the pictures and the dimensions.
My problem is I live in Denmark and there is more or less only Epic and Seabird surfskis. But I will see if I can find someone who have the Vajda 46.

Latest Forum Topics