Vintage Ski

More
10 years 1 month ago #20155 by stuartknaggs
Vintage Ski was created by stuartknaggs
Does anyone - preferably inteh Cape Town area, know where I can get hold of an old Oscar ski from the 1980s.... Any condition.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #20174 by zamalek
Replied by zamalek on topic Vintage Ski
There are some Oscar ski's in Durban.I bought two some years ago and rebuilt them.One got trashed by buddy "borrowing" mine to go for a paddle.The other is still in use with same buddy.We fish off them mainly for Natal snoek (Queen mackerel)as paddling speed is good.

We got ours from a paddling legend known as "Ballie" or Colin Roets, very well known for his dry sense of humour.If you contact Crusaders Canoe Club in Durban,he will be easily found as he virtually owns the place.

Hope this helps.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #20175 by Rookie
Replied by Rookie on topic Vintage Ski
Hi, yes Derek K from Fish Hoek Hobbie Club was / is selling a double. I will ask him how he feels about posting his details on a website :whistle:

Focus, Apex 2, Zeplin

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #20176 by Rookie
Replied by Rookie on topic Vintage Ski
are you looking for a single or double?

Focus, Apex 2, Zeplin

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #20177 by stuartknaggs
Replied by stuartknaggs on topic Vintage Ski
I rember Colin, I used to be a junior in Mphaleni back inteh day.. He gave me one of his trashed Lancers to fix after I lost my boat on teh Tugela.... I'll definitely look for him.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #20178 by stuartknaggs
Replied by stuartknaggs on topic Vintage Ski
Single.... Just to clear up, teh Oscar ski made by Kayak Centre - not the Paul ski.....

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #20179 by zamalek
Replied by zamalek on topic Vintage Ski
Long,thin,flat with pointy nose.My faded memory if correct - the Paul ski had a lip on the nose?If correct,Ballie has about six or seven,maybe more.And they have a tail rudder,not an under rudder.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #20181 by Ranga
Replied by Ranga on topic Vintage Ski
The Paul and Oscar ski looked similar, the Paul ski was designed for round the can racing and had a more bulbous bow and a tail rudder most of them. The Oscar ski was skinnier and longer for long distance paddling and would have an under slung rudder on most of them.

The lip you might be thinking of was an aftermarket nose cone wave deflector for going though bigger waves. The Oscar ski also had one as we did race them around the cans as well.

Latest Forum Topics