The missing V?

• Jerry
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #19219 by Jerry
The missing V? was created by Jerry
Has anyone else seen this on the Epic website?

Are they referring to the new updated V10L?

Or perhaps something totally new?

What area will see it first?

December is next week......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #19220 by wags
Replied by wags on topic The missing V?
Yes I believe it to be the teaser for the new V10L. If you download the image you will see that Epic have named the file V10L.

It's a guessing game as to what the changes are. The new V10 is now more like the current V10L, since they lowered the bow profile,however, the V10L does have the seat moved forward by 50mm to bring forward the centre of gravity for shorter paddlers. It'll be very interesting to see what if any additional changes have been made.
Cheers
Tom
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by wags.

More
10 years 4 months ago #19311 by MelMM
Replied by MelMM on topic The missing V?
Last April I was demoing some Epic boats, and had a chance to talk to Oscar C. about the V10L. At that time, he didn't have any details about the specs, but he did say it was going to be a complete redesign, aimed at the smaller paddler, both in fit and hull design. Specifically, shorter.

Also, I suspect they will be lowering the hump, and putting in their newer seat (like what is in the V12 and V14), which is much more comfortable than the old V10L seat. In April I did try the V14 and found it quite comfortable to sit in, but the footbrace did not even adjust to accommodate a short paddler (I am not short at all, for a woman - actually taller than average - and I had the footbrace as short as it would go).

I am very interested in seeing this boat and what Epic does with the design. I'd be really happy if it were under 20 ft (6.1 m). We shall see!

Latest Forum Topics