I miss RABS

• jamesb
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #17987 by jamesb
I miss RABS was created by jamesb
I know that he wasn't politically correct.... or very nice from time to time, but he did add that ex factor to the forum, occasionally. I reckon we should let him back in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #17991 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic I miss RABS
He did own up to the fact that his boat was damaged by an angry neighbor, not a manufacturing defect.

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

More
10 years 7 months ago #17993 by Hiro
Replied by Hiro on topic I miss RABS
Beetlejuice ! Beetlejuice ! Beetleju...

More
10 years 7 months ago #17994 by Love2ski
Replied by Love2ski on topic I miss RABS
He was on the forum a month ago, so he is around!

More
10 years 7 months ago #18022 by Warwick
Replied by Warwick on topic I miss RABS
RAB certainly did provide an entertainment factor to the forum. Come back RAB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamesb

More
10 years 7 months ago #18023 by Metro
Replied by Metro on topic I miss RABS
RAB hijacked virtually every forum topic and generally added nothing to the discussion. IMHO, this forum is substantially improved without him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tony h, Geofff, jamo

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #18026 by tony h
Replied by tony h on topic I miss RABS
I don't miss RAB - too many lies & misrepresentations for me to value his opinion!

ski's - McGregor C/R // Nelo 560L // Epic: 1st/2nd/3rdG V10/10L/10 sport, V14, V12, V8, V7, double -v10/v8 // Stellar: SES 1G/2G, SEI 2G // Fenn: double, elite SL, swordfish 1G/2G // Carbonology: vault, atom, flash //hayden spec ski / gibbons oc. ski / red7 / stealth spec/ocean ski / think legend
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by tony h. Reason: toned down comments in view of subsequent perspectives.

• jamesb
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #18033 by jamesb
Replied by jamesb on topic I miss RABS
yeah......you're probably right. It's just fun hangin' out with the naughty kids occasionally.

More
10 years 7 months ago #18061 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic I miss RABS
Hey everybody - let's go easy on RAB. I have certainly had my online pissing contests with him. I would be the first to agree that in addition to being insightful and creative, he can be a difficult and frustrating person. But he is a person, and like all of us, complicated and flawed. I have pointedly disagreed with the guy on this forum several times, but I cannot wish the guy any ill. I am sure that none of you guys do either, but I worry that this fact might be lost on him as he reads these posts.

In my part of the world we just lost a central figure of the paddling community. He was a young guy, similarly passionate about paddling, who was also notoriously difficult in many of his intpersonal relations. But as is true of most people with an unpleasant streak, he was miserable inside. So miserable that he took his own life.

Lets all remember to be kind and compassionate. Life is hard. Harder for some than others. We are all dealt a hand of cards in life, and there is nothing fair about who gets the good cards and who the bad. We all simply do that which we feel is necessary to get by in this world.

Best wishes to everybody.

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hiro, tony h, YBA/Jim Murray, Kayaker Greg

More
10 years 7 months ago #18064 by Dicko
Replied by Dicko on topic I miss RABS
Absolutely agree. It would be lovely to all be perfect. Some of the stuff that RAB posts is bloody annoying, but some of the personal stuff against him is plain cyber bullying. There is no rule on this forum that says you have to be a legend in the world of paddling to participate, or if you don't race, you can't have an opinion. Wanted to post something previously...didn't have the guts. well said ZH.
The following user(s) said Thank You: YBA/Jim Murray, Kayaker Greg

More
10 years 7 months ago #18068 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic I miss RABS
Just a note about RAB - he is not and has never been banned from the forum.

I did ask him to refrain from gratuitous flaming posts against a certain manufacturer (after it had gone on far too long to the extent that I was getting regular complaints from other members of the forum.)

So yeah, I also thought that RAB had some worthwhile things to say and he's welcome to say them. But for f$%k's sake, stay away from interminable posts about private issues, because he'll get flamed again.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hiro, tony h, Geofff, Ric

Latest Forum Topics