more newbie dribble and update

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #16336 by 1xsculler
Five days, five twenty minute sessions on a V8 in various conditions plus five days, five twenty minute sessions on a V10 Sport in pretty flat conditions ( I had a hard time in it in heavy chop) in Maui and I had my first really good twenty minute session in my V12 this morning at home on Horsehead Bay, Gig Harbor, WA, USA. I didn't go over once and I actually could work on my stroke with some power and but no rotation at the hips. Needless to say I'm pretty happy with my progress. Still tons to learn and not enough birthdays left to get it all down but I'm in it for the challenge for as long as can function.

current skis: SES Ultra. sculling boats: Fluidesign Lwt, Wintech, Empacher.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by 1xsculler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #16413 by 1xsculler
I didn't think I was having a great week until today and I'm now very pleased with my progress after one week in my V12 Ultra. Today was the first time I could paddle all the way to the end of my bay and back (30 minutes, 3400m) without going for a swim and I even had a little side wind chop. Most of you would call it flat.
I am rotating my upper body enough to look over my forearms as I finish each stroke and I am pushing with my legs (they feel like rubber when I'm carrying my ski back up to my boathouse) but I don't think my but is rotating in the bucket and I don't feel like there is room for that to happen. I'm a skiny 153# (69.5kg), 6' 2" tall (188cm), 34" inseam (86.4cm) with a 29" (73.5cm) waist so there should be room to rotate my but. Maybe I should move the pedals back a little to get more of a leg drive..

current skis: SES Ultra. sculling boats: Fluidesign Lwt, Wintech, Empacher.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by 1xsculler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.