EPIC Codes

• hudE
  • Visitor
11 years 1 week ago #16108 by hudE
EPIC Codes was created by hudE
Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me to the meaning of the serial # on my V10S?
GIP7Z10181909 EK12006
I assume it relates to model and manf date.

Any answers please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #16109 by PeterS294
Replied by PeterS294 on topic Re: EPIC Codes
If I am correct the first part is the serial number, the first 3 letters are consistant on all Epics. The last 2 digits "09" in your case should be the year of manufacture. The second group is also consistant on Epics. I think it might identify the manufacturer.

More
11 years 1 week ago #16118 by Simon Haywood
Replied by Simon Haywood on topic Re: EPIC Codes
GIP7Z10181909 EK12006

My understanding of international HIN numbers is:
GIP: is Epic's manufacturers identification code
7Z1018: is the Serial number of the individual ski
I909: (you have it as a 1 but I think you'll find its an 'I') says that the boat was built September 2009 as a MY2009 ski(MY = Model year)
EK12006 indentifys which model ski it is (possibly - not sure...which mould as well)

Regards,

Simon

Previous craft: Affinity, Endorfinn, Multisport, Epic V8, V10sport, V10, V12, Fenn Swordfish, Spirit PRS Elite; Stellar S18S, SR, SE, SEL, S2E, S2EL

Current Skis:
Huki S1-R
Stellar S18S - Excel
Stellar SR - Ultra

Skis on order: None!

More
11 years 1 week ago #16185 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Re: EPIC Codes
Here's the answer - confirmed by Vince at Epic:

GIP7Z10181909 EK12006

EKI2006 is the year the boat was designed.
909 means it was manufactured in September 2009.
7Z10181 is the serial number.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
11 years 1 week ago #16200 by Ranga
Replied by Ranga on topic Re: EPIC Codes
Nice to know that sort of information, cant get taken when they tell you it is only a few months old.

More
10 years 7 months ago #18200 by Love2ski
Replied by Love2ski on topic Re: EPIC Codes
Hi

I think the above explanation for the codes is incorrect. I have seen a number of new epics this year and according to the above explanation they were all made in march this year.

The last four digits of the first string are the manufacturing date. On my brand new v10 those numbers are g313. The g gives the month of manufacture which is July. The next number 3 is the year of manufacture being 2013. The last two numbers being 13 are the manufacturing year2013.

Before I found out how the hin numbering system worked I was always puzzled by why all the 2013 boats were always made in march.

More
10 years 7 months ago #18201 by Love2ski
Replied by Love2ski on topic Re: EPIC Codes
In robins answer he has the last four digits as 1909. I think on closer inspection they will be i909 indicating a manufacturing date of September 2009.

Latest Forum Topics