Surf ski in Fiji.

• Mrwalker
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #15142 by Mrwalker
Surf ski in Fiji. was created by Mrwalker
Hi all, my first post but I've been reading and absorbing the info on this sight since I bought an XT a couple of years ago. I had just upgraded to a swordfish when my clever wife found a job in Fiji.
Rather than ship the swordfish at great expense and the possibility of damage I was hoping to find something over here. An old spec ski would be great, an ocean ski better of course. Damaged is fine as I am in that line of work anyway.
Thanks to the forum for being so ready to share, cheers, Dave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rod Thomas
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #15166 by Rod Thomas
Replied by Rod Thomas on topic Re: Surf ski in Fiji.
If you have a Swordfish I would take it with you no matter what. I'm in Japan which along with Fiji is about as far from the Swordfish spawning grounds as it is possible to get. I'm trying to get a Swordfish shipped from SA which is still the cheapest option for me. So if you have one I would definitely ship it with you. And if you do sell it there you could probably re-coup some of the shipping costs anyway. Where are you coming from?
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Rod Thomas. Reason: grammar

More
11 years 2 months ago #15198 by Charles Brand
Replied by Charles Brand on topic Re: Surf ski in Fiji.
Dave, your wife is smart. Fiji is a great place, and amazing for surf-ski paddling. I am sending a few skis there. Please email me and we can make a plan.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15209 by Oskar
Replied by Oskar on topic Re: Surf ski in Fiji.
I've got an XT on Nananu-Ira if you can get there.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15212 by mrwalker
Replied by mrwalker on topic Re: Surf ski in Fiji.
Thanks for all the replies Fellas.
First Rod, I just had a quote today to ship by sea and it's not out of the question. I hardly got to know my Swordfish before moving so its tempting.
Charles , my wife is indeed very smart and this is a great gig before we think about early retirement! I will send you a separate email to hear what you have planned.
Oskar, I just looked up Nananu I Ra and it's not so far from Nadi. Are you wanting to sell the XT and if so can I have some more details about age, layup, cost etc?
Cheers, Dave.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15213 by mrwalker
Hi Charles, I've looked everywhere on your profile page and can't see where to find an email address, cheers, Dave

More
11 years 2 months ago #15432 by mrwalker
A big thank you to Oskar in NZ who has directed me to a lonely old XT on a little island in Fiji.
My paddling itch will be scratched tomorrow when I go and pick it up.
Cheers, Dave.

More
10 years 1 month ago #19944 by sundance
Replied by sundance on topic Re: Surf ski in Fiji.
Hi Dave,
I'll be in Fiji, Denerau island for 5 days early may for work and I want to maintain my training for Molokai. Any idea where I can get hold of a ski while I'm there?

Thanks
Andrew

Paddling, good coffee, Sydney and Cape Town.

More
10 years 1 month ago #19952 by mrwalker
Hi Andrew,
I would be happy to lend you my old ski but I will Be back in Oz by then, and my ski will belong to someone else. I havent come across any others. Happy to ask the new owner how he feels about it, if he is amenable I will pass on his details.
Cheers, Dave.

Latest Forum Topics