Fast intermediate boat

More
11 years 3 months ago #15051 by lukeclarkson
Is there any solid info on which is the fastest intermediate boat?
I know it depends on paddler, conditions etc.
I am looking at buying new boat and tossing up between swordfish and evo.
I'm not a giant paddler so leaning forwards the swordfish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #15052 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Re: Fast intermediate boat
Best advice? Paddle them both. That will satisfy all curiosity and you will get that boat which suits the most important paddler out there... you.

More
11 years 3 months ago #15054 by mckengmsurfski
I agree with Stew. You need to try the skis to know. And it depends on what you consider 'intermediate'? The 'fastest' intermediate ski is dependent upon a number of factors for each individual paddler. So why limit yourself to just the 'fish and the evo? If it's accessibility, I certainly understand that, but there are lots of options out there these days. Other boats that come to mind are the Stellar SR and SEL, Epic V10 Sport, updated Nelo Vintage Ski, the Carbonology Vault, and the Vajda Hawx.

Mark
www.eliteoceansports.com

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #15061 by sylv1
Replied by sylv1 on topic Re: Fast intermediate boat
Hi Luke,
For speed you need stability in first to apply power & good hull performance after.
The fastest intermediate boat it's the one you can drive with "confort" in any situation. If you have stability, you can push hard on the paddle and have the speed.
Dean Gardiner and Oscar Chalupsky do great performance in intermediate or beginner boat because they are great paddler.
Try the "new" generation of intermediate boat with long & thin hull and you find your way.
For the moment after a swordfish I find the fastest for me, the Focus, in downwind condition I can follow the elite boat, because I'm in "confort" in all condition of sea.
Regards, Sylvain
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by sylv1.

Latest Forum Topics