all the viewers

More
11 years 6 months ago #13766 by wateronirondawg
All 220 of you that have viewed my last post about leaving my PFD and paddle behind I am a very lucky and thankful guy today.
Mitch the paddling instructor and who also runs the Sausalito Sea Trek Kayak rental was doing his job on Sunday while making his last his last rounds on the property he recovered my paddle and PFD.
Therefore I want say a Special thanks to Mitch.

P.S.
To all of those viewers, there was not one reply so I assume this has never happen to you I would like to suggest to always put your gear in the car first and hope you never have to go threw the sickening feeling of the lose that I had to experience last night after realizing that my paddle and PFD were gone .
And that I was now up shit creek without a paddle.
I also want to thank God that there are still some wholesome rightous honest people out there .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13786 by sfk99
Replied by sfk99 on topic Re: all the viewers
Dear fellow surfski paddler,

I am one of the 220 viewers that didn't respond and were criticised by you last post. Let me quickly explain why: You posted a thread titled "unbelievable", that caught my attention because there might have been a nice video behind it - or something else - who knows. Had you posted a thread entitled "paddle and PFS lost in Sausalito, CA" I would not have opened it because I am from another part of the world and would have known right away that I cannot help. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but there is a world outside California, even outside the US of A, you know? Maybe 220 other paddlers around the world had a similar problem - not being from near Sausalito.

No hard feelings, however - I am glad you have your stuff back. Happened to me once as well, the uncertainty of not knowing whether you get your stuff back is unpleasant. But luckily, most people are honest - at least in my part of the world.

Cheers and happy paddling,

Stefan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hiro, AR_convert, Physio, kayakchampeen

More
11 years 6 months ago #13787 by Draftbuster
Replied by Draftbuster on topic Re: all the viewers
Cool :) I was wondering where Sausalito was.Now I know.
Glad you got all your stuff back.Cheers Mitch.Your a legend.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13793 by CyberSki
Replied by CyberSki on topic Re: all the viewers
Good that you got your gear back, but..

If you think leaving your paddle/pfd at the launch is bad - try forgetting your wife there!! I thought she was going to catch a ride back with the other group leader's wife - so headed home as our two groups went different directions during the paddle. :blush: The ensuing phone call and drive back after I picked her up was memorable..

So - one divorce and high alimony/support payments later - I now never leave the launch area without accounting for not only my gear and boat - but also my partner. ;)

Fenn Swordfish and Epic Midwing.

Past skis include Stellar SR and SEL, KC Zeplin, Think EVO, and in-between version of Epic V8 Ultra. Jantex Gamma is my sword of pain..though my elbow may force me to a smaller blade now. :-(

More
11 years 6 months ago #13798 by outriggerbev
Replied by outriggerbev on topic Re: all the viewers
account for your gear-the other has a brain of their own-unless they paddle also-you will leave them behind at some point.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13799 by kayakchampeen
Replied by kayakchampeen on topic Re: all the viewers
Actually just had to post here to say that Broki134's previous response is the funniest thing I have read in years, it made me spit coffe out of my mouth. I do realize that it's an automated translation from another language, at least I hope and pray that it is, otherwise I might be afflicted by endorsing hokum!

More
11 years 6 months ago #13801 by kayakchampeen
Damn, looks like the moderator dispensed with these 3 or 4 postings from broki124. So now my previous comment makes no sense at all. guess you had to be there. Outlandish translations, that to be honest, seemed to pertain more to surfing than anything else.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13802 by Col Campbell
Replied by Col Campbell on topic Re: all the viewers
Glad to hear you got your gear back.

It now saves me having to wait 6 months before I started looking for it here in Dubai.

Even after 6 months it would have been a good effort for your gear to cross the Pacific, weave it's way through Asia, survive several tsunami's on the way, avoid all of the East Asian Pirates, cross the Bay of Bengal, up the Arabian Sea, then successfully navigate the onslaught of oil tankers, American & Iranian warships as it passed though the Straits of Homuz before landing here on the beach in Dubai. :whistle:

More
11 years 6 months ago #13803 by kayakchampeen
A few years back a sea kayaker lost his boat on one of the treacherous shoals where I live (outer banks NC, USA) two years later he got a call from someone in Spain who had found it washed up onshore. His ID and contact info were in the dry hatch undisturbed. The boat had drifted out to the gulf stream gone around the North Atlantic past the Hebrides and onto the Iberian Peninsula. True story!

More
11 years 6 months ago #13804 by water2deep
Replied by water2deep on topic Re: all the viewers
I like this story .

A harley davidson lost during the japan tsunami , found in canada.

www.adn.com/2012/05/02/2448672/tsunami-s...harley-davidson.html

More
11 years 6 months ago #13807 by Marieski
Replied by Marieski on topic Re: all the viewers

kayakchampeen wrote: Actually just had to post here to say that Broki134's previous response is the funniest thing I have read in years, it made me spit coffe out of my mouth. I do realize that it's an automated translation from another language, at least I hope and pray that it is, otherwise I might be afflicted by endorsing hokum!

Broken English.

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

More
11 years 6 months ago #13813 by [email protected]
yeah, sorry, I killed the Broki134 posts - they were posted by a spam robot that was advertising a surfboard outfit called Gold Coast Surfboards. They dropped a bunch of automated (well, I hope a human didn't write them) bits of text along with a URL pointing to their website. A really shitty way of marketing.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics