It's Here

More
16 years 9 months ago #742 by stallion09
It's Here was created by stallion09
Picked up the Epic V10 Sport today:) from the Jersey Paddler in Brick, NJ. Over 300 mile drive but worth every mile.

Holy $%$% this thing is light. I bought the glass version and it feels like a feather. Can't imagine the ultra version. Just put your hand on the word sport and lift! Amazing! Fit and finish are top notch.The pedals and rudder were setup and seem to suit me well. My thanks to John at the Jersey Paddler. When I arrived at the store this morning there was another sport being loaded on top of a pickup. Sales are brisk.

Anyway the boat looks awesome ...can't wait to paddle it. So far so good. It's light, sleek, spartan layout.

More to follow.........................

I will be adding more info on my blog

ct-surfski.blogspot.com/

Thanks

My surfski blog

ct-surfski.blogspot.com/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Clive R
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #743 by Clive R
Replied by Clive R on topic Re: It's Here
Good choice Stallion
Boat looks great. My wife and I also bought V10 Sports but made here in Durban SA under licence by Kayak Centre. Had it since Novemeber last year - fantastic boat. These are also standard glass layup and weigh 17.5kg. Interested to know what the China version weighs.

More
16 years 9 months ago #744 by stallion09
Replied by stallion09 on topic Re: It's Here
2nd time on the Sport and things are better. I paddled for about an hour and a half and fell twice. This thing still owns me...I am feeling more comfortable in the ski but can't imagine getting real comfortable. Open water remounting has gotten easier but still not easy. This ski really forces your paddle stroke to get better. While paddling I feel as if my weight is constantly shifting to the right and this causes me to brace and slows me down. Not sure why this is happening but I think it is because I pull harder with my right side.

Thanks

My surfski blog

ct-surfski.blogspot.com/

Latest Forum Topics