Most UNDERRATED ski?

More
13 years 4 months ago #5976 by yankee
Most UNDERRATED ski? was created by yankee
Hey All-

Just wondering what some paddlers out there would classify as obscure/underrated skis?

We all know the Epics/Fenns/Thinks/Stellars/Vajdas/Nelos/etc...(in no particular order) but what are some unique craft that warrant mention? Ones that don't normally show up in the top 10% of race finishers, but if they were paddled by the top guys/gals they would be there...???

I bring this all up as it seems my current ski will no longer be made this year?! (think Legend) Possibly I'm just fueling those rumors?
But anyway, I think this boat is underrated due to the fact it can grow with a mid-pack paddler: it's quick enough, forgiving enough, has a HUGE FUN FACTOR, and then the functional side of things: well made, good looks, etc...

Anyway, please let us know! Biased opinions (like mine) welcomed, and probably more appreciated.
B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #5977 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Re:Most UNDERRATED ski?
Not sure where you have got that information, but the Legend will continue in production.

More
13 years 4 months ago #5979 by yankee
Replied by yankee on topic Re:Most UNDERRATED ski?
Stew wrote:

Not sure where you have got that information, but the Legend will continue in production.

WHEW!!!! :)
You "say" that with some authority, so I'll go with your word versus what I've heard on the waves (streets)...
Thank you for quashing the vicious paddling rumors!

now back to "sleeper" skis -->

More
13 years 4 months ago #5980 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Re:Most UNDERRATED ski?
I'm the Australian distributor for Think Kayak... I have heaps of Legends on order. No way we're dropping what has been an awesome ski for us. It is the ideal stepping stone between beginner/intermediate skis and elite skis.

The Legend certainly is a big sleeper. Before we released the Uno, the Legend had some very solid results. Tommy Woodriff paddled one in the Bridge to Beach here in Sydney into 5th place. Pete Scott won a round of MWKC's series two seasons ago, beating some very fast paddlers in a sprint finish. It is no slouch.

Latest Forum Topics