Boats Available in Western Australia - Prices etc

• pilbaralad
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #4235 by pilbaralad
As I have been looking to move up from my V10 Sport I started collecting some boat details and thought it may be of use to others doing the same research.

If you see any mistakes/changes or have any additions, post them and I will edit the list as we go.

Brett

Kayak_______________Model______________Weight___________RRP

___________________________EPIC______________________________

V10 Sport, V10 & V10L
____________________Club_______________15_______________2750
____________________Performance________13_______________3500
____________________Ultra______________11.5______________4995
____________________Elite_______________9.5_______________5995
V12_________________Performance________14.5______________3700
____________________Ultra______________10.5______________5200

___________________________FENN______________________________

XT, Mako 6 & Elite
____________________Carbon_____________11-12_____________4200
____________________Fibreglass__________16-17_____________2800

___________________________THINK_____________________________

Evo_________________Performance________15.5______________3195
Legend______________Performance________15.5______________3295
____________________Elite_______________12.5______________4195
Uno_________________Performance________15.5______________3295

___________________________STELLAR____________________________

Elite________________Sport______________17.5______________1995
____________________Advantage__________14.5______________2995
____________________Excel______________11.8______________3995
____________________Ultra_______________11.5______________4995

__________________________CUSTOM______________________________

Horizon_____________Fibreglass_________18.5______________2600
____________________Hybrid_____________15________________????
____________________Lite_______________12________________????
Synergy_____________Fibreglass_________18.5______________????
____________________Hybrid_____________15________________????
____________________Lite_______________12________________????

___________________________CARBONOLOGY/VIVA PADDLE SPORTS_____

Atom________________Carbon_____________10________________$4500
Dual Purpose________Kevlar Hull________14________________$3500

___________________________KAYAK CENTRE_______________________

Dorado_______________????______________18________________2450
Illusion_____________????______________14.5______________2450

___________________________FINN_______________________________

Molokai_____________MkI________________16________________2100
Endorfinn______________________________22________________1399

___________________________SPIRIT_____________________________
PRS____________________________________21________________1795
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by pilbaralad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #4236 by TonyB
The Kayak Centre Illusion which is a competitive boat is on special at Canoeing Down Under for $2200. Good price for a 14.5kg boat. We have a paddler here paddling one and it seems to be as fast as the v10, v12 and red7's. It seems to pick up runs easily. Certainly worth a demo paddle.

More
13 years 11 months ago #4238 by craigfisher
There is also Viva who are producing boats. They have been reviewed as carbonology boats on this site which is the manafacturer in SA however they are being distributed from Bunbury WA and Sydney NSW in Australia. The website is www.vivapaddlesportscom.au. The boats can be used as dual purpose boats for the avon and downwind. :)

• pilbaralad
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #4241 by pilbaralad
craigfisher wrote:

There is also Viva who are producing boats. They have been reviewed as carbonology boats on this site which is the manafacturer in SA however they are being distributed from Bunbury WA and Sydney NSW in Australia. The website is www.vivapaddlesportscom.au.

Mate, even inserting the dots in the right places cant get that web address to work and 15 minutes of web searches using all the key words doesnt bring anything up on my google browser for Australian distributors or Viva! :unsure:

More
13 years 11 months ago #4242 by bulldog
Try www.vivapaddlesports.com.au.It is working.Contact Gary or Malcolm if you have any questions.

• pilbaralad
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #4243 by pilbaralad
Okay, got the site up now...that was strange :blink: Only the one boat on there, dual purpose boat, no mention of Atom, am I doing something else wrong?

I have emailed Gary for info on the boat/price etc.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by pilbaralad.

• pilbaralad
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #4251 by pilbaralad
Just got off the phone with Gary Butlion from Viva Paddl Sports, a South African now living in Bunbury, Western Australia.

I will go into a bit of detail here because here is a boat that will be built on our doorstep :woohoo:

Gary will be making the Carbonology Atom and a Dual purpose boat for the Australia/New Zealand Market.

The Atom will be in Carbon make up, 10kg at $4500. Gary said that although it was for small paddlers, heavier or big bodied paddlers with shorter legs could do well in it. Read the review for more.

The dual purpose boat they will be building is aimed at the Avon Descent and Adventure race market.

It will have a kevlar hull with a corded topdeck and come in at 14kg, setting you back $3500. And for the really competitive souls who worry about holing it in Avon conditions (Gary assures me that the chances of this happening are slim) they have a hatch in the boat so a pump can be built in to keep you paddling and the inside dry :woohoo:

Gary will also be available for glass repairs and could probably pick up/drop boats off as he moves backwards and forward between Perth and Bunbury.

He has a container load of demos (20-24) on the way (arriving late April) and should be making boats by June!

More
13 years 11 months ago #4344 by AR_convert
Just a update on the Carbonolgy Atom boats coming into WA. I just spoke to Gary from Viva as I was going to paddle one as part of my search for a boat. The boats arrive Tuesday.

The Carbonology Atom will be made in SA and imported here, he is shipping them in on a car carrier so he only has to bring in 12 boats at a time rather than a full container.

The dual purpose boat on the Viva website is the glass/kevlar version of the Atom which he will be producing here in Bunbury.

It is 14kg and comes with the twin rudder system, he has pics on the website and will be upgrading the website shortly once he is in production.

The boats coming in this shipment are mainly demo's for his yet to be revealed retailers.

I hope this makes it all clear, should be interesting to see how these boats are accepted in WA and how they fare in the Avon Descent?

Always looking for the next boat :)

More
13 years 11 months ago #4439 by AR_convert
Found this on geartrade today.

Fresh batch of top of the range Red 7 (Carbon) and Green 7 (cork composite) Surf70 Pro ski's in Perth. Top quality, strong,rigid & durable - manufactured by Carbonology. And light - from 11.5kg. Updated model now features 3-anchor point footplate. Innovative 3 bullet venturi drains cockpit fast. See review on www.surfski.info. Green 7 - Cork Composite $3800 - 13kg's Red 7 - Carbon $4500 - 11,5kg's

Phone: 0407135214

Always looking for the next boat :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #4456 by Nicho03
I think the Custom Kayaks Synergy is also available in Western Australia at similar prices. From experience our waves are a lot more powerful than those where the Synergy is manufactured as the manufacturer assures me that...the Synergy is..." regularly exposed to big surf and despite huge wipe outs, I have never had any structural damage to the ski. I seldom ever see a split seam on our ski’s even when they get damaged by other ski’s. The seam is bonded with an epoxy compound and normally does not give way. Imagine my suprise when my Synergy Hybrid was split down the seams and torn in two by one of Australias massive, monstrous 1.5 metre waves landing on it in open water. No other boats, no reef and not even hitting the bottom. Now that is durability from a ski ;)

More
13 years 10 months ago #4458 by Nicho03
Since posting this reply to the thread I have been contacted by the manufacturer of the Synergy who states that he has been misquoted and did not infer that 1.5 yrs was acceptable at any time. Some of his companies skis have been in competition for more than 10 years and this is an isolated incident. He also stated that he is very busy at the moment with business and racing commitments and I had not given he enough time to look into the whole matter.

Latest Forum Topics