craigslist boat identification

More
4 years 10 months ago #34586 by XLV
Curious if anyone recognizes the make and model of the boat in this craigslist ad: archive.fo/DSpgt

I thought it looked interesting - just curious if it's worth researching. I'm waiting for my Epic V5 to arrive, but I've got an eye on craigslist for any good deals that come up. I assume anything this cheap is older and bad for beginners, but I thought this was a good place to ask.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #34587 by SpaceSputnik
I am going to take a wild guess...An outrigger canoe without an ama?
The following user(s) said Thank You: XLV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #34588 by XLV
Replied by XLV on topic craigslist boat identification

SpaceSputnik wrote: I am going to take a wild guess...An outrigger canoe without an ama?


Hah - thanks. That would make sense. I had a slight suspicion it might not even be a surfski.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • MCImes
  • Visitor
4 years 10 months ago #34589 by MCImes
Replied by MCImes on topic craigslist boat identification
Yep, older outrigger with no ama. If you zoom in on the pics you can see the sideways holes for the iakos.

If its still available I'd buy it because who doesnt need a $100 outrigger for when its too unruly for a ski or you dont feel like balancing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #34590 by SpaceSputnik
If it was a complete OC i'd totally buy it. But seeing that it's being referred to as a kayak I'd guess there's no Iakos or an ama.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #34592 by XLV
Replied by XLV on topic craigslist boat identification

MCImes wrote: Yep, older outrigger with no ama. If you zoom in on the pics you can see the sideways holes for the iakos.

If its still available I'd buy it because who doesnt need a $100 outrigger for when its too unruly for a ski or you dont feel like balancing


Thanks. I think I might do that - sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #34593 by XLV
Replied by XLV on topic craigslist boat identification

SpaceSputnik wrote: If it was a complete OC i'd totally buy it. But seeing that it's being referred to as a kayak I'd guess there's no Iakos or an ama.


I emailed the seller to see if they have it, but you're probably right. I'm guessing it's not a trivial task to find and attach a new one - although I know nothing about the sport.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #34594 by zachhandler
Seems suspicious. Like someone stole it, has no idea what it is, no idea what its worth, and just wants to make a few bucks to buy some drugs. 

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #34596 by XLV
Replied by XLV on topic craigslist boat identification

zachhandler wrote: Seems suspicious. Like someone stole it, has no idea what it is, no idea what its worth, and just wants to make a few bucks to buy some drugs. 

That's a good point. I could also see it being a family member or landlord/roommate - but either way, it raises some red flags. I see the dana point marina sticker on it, so I could always call them to see if it was reported stolen. If they don't have the ama it sounds like it's not worth pursuing anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics