footplate adjustment on Think Evo

More
5 years 9 months ago #31945 by inflateable
Hi all, I've got a second hand Think Evo, and I'm having trouble with the footplate adjustment, I was wondering can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Leg length adjustment is pretty obvious, just undo the screws and slide it fore and aft. The thing is, I get huge amounts of flex in the heel plate. It's bends a good 5-6 cms as I drive and I'm finding it hard to believe it's supposed to be like that.

Am I missing something here? Is there an adjustment method for angle as well as leg length?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #31966 by Kiwi Dave
Thats not right. Is it staying flat and pivoting around some point or is the foot plate itself busted and bending somewhere (like its cracked through the middle) ?

Edit: A picture or video would not go amiss
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Kiwi Dave.

More
5 years 9 months ago #31978 by Stew

inflateable wrote: Hi all, I've got a second hand Think Evo, and I'm having trouble with the footplate adjustment, I was wondering can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Leg length adjustment is pretty obvious, just undo the screws and slide it fore and aft. The thing is, I get huge amounts of flex in the heel plate. It's bends a good 5-6 cms as I drive and I'm finding it hard to believe it's supposed to be like that.

Am I missing something here? Is there an adjustment method for angle as well as leg length?

Definitely something amiss there. You simply let off the screws at the sides of the footplate bar, slide forward or back, adjust the slack and lock down in the new position. Sounds like you may have had a large change in length from the previous owner and just need to adjust the lines.

Post some photos and we can have a look at it for you.

Cheers.

Latest Forum Topics