Nelo 560

More
8 years 7 months ago #24590 by Scode
Nelo 560 was created by Scode
Saw a Facebook post from Oscar showing his Garmin track for the Nelo Summer Challenge. Interesting to see he used the 560 ski. He is a bigger guy so obviously the volume of the boat and shorter length doesn't bother him too much.

Nothing more to add just thought it was interesting.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #24592 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Nelo 560
The boat has been re-designed - it's going to be really interesting to see the changes!

I've had a couple of goes in the current Nelo skis and, as a old-fart-mid-packer found them impossible to paddle - the most unstable boats on the planet. Given Oscar's matra of "stability before ability", I wonder how different the next generation of Nelos will be.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
8 years 7 months ago #24605 by Erhard Katzer
Replied by Erhard Katzer on topic Nelo 560
I paddle 560 ski 1st generation. But for me it's only fun in flat conditions. I'd say there is no difference to a k1 (stability). Does anyone know what has canged meanwhile?
Cheers

More
8 years 7 months ago #24608 by Joseph
Replied by Joseph on topic Nelo 560
G' Day,

Old Guys Rule,
If not looking for a racing unit or a flat water ski Take a looksee at NELO Viper 55 for the past 2 years, Myself at 84 not an Old Guy have been using one for Gulf of Mexico Slop and Chop and with great run's and great fun at 26lbs. I am 6'3" 170lb long of leg Guy and it works for me. I would not buy this Ski for a flat water racer but for easy fun paddling in all conditions the body can handle it be a Fine Ski.
Cheers Joseph :huh:

Joseph

More
8 years 7 months ago #24614 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Nelo 560
I can confirm that the new Nelo 560 is a complete re-design, and is nothing like the old ski...

Aside from that... I have no other info, except that the big O will be in Tahiti along with an example of the new 560!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics