Stellar Rudders

More
10 years 11 months ago #16644 by Drapes
Replied by Drapes on topic Re: Stellar Rudders
I would be interested to know where you saw the info on the Stellar SEI. I am aware of the boat but hve not been able to find anything on it at all.

My 2 cents worth on the rudder thing - I use a modified 8 inch rudder on my SE. The pin has been moved back to 6cm from the leading edge. This might be a little too much but the idea seems to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #16645 by Kayaker Greg
Replied by Kayaker Greg on topic Re: Stellar Rudders
It was on Stellars Facebook page. No word on beam but its being touted as the ski between the SR and the other options. I like the 6.1m lenth but its hard to tell how wide it is from the pics.

More
10 years 11 months ago #16657 by wesley
Replied by wesley on topic Re: Stellar Rudders
More info will be coming forward soon as all I can say at this point. I am looking forward to it obviously and will share as soon as I can. Thanks!!

Wesley Echols
SurfskiRacing.com
#1 in Surfski Reviews.

More
10 years 11 months ago #16658 by Newbflat
Replied by Newbflat on topic Re: Stellar Rudders

Drapes wrote: I would be interested to know where you saw the info on the Stellar SEI. I am aware of the boat but hve not been able to find anything on it at all.

My 2 cents worth on the rudder thing - I use a modified 8 inch rudder on my SE. The pin has been moved back to 6cm from the leading edge. This might be a little too much but the idea seems to work.

My Steller 8" "surf rudder" has its post 4.3 cm back from the leading edge. FWIW..

Bill

FENN Bluefin S
FENN Swordfish S carbon hybrid
Epic V8 double gen 2
Lot and lots of DK rudders.

Had:
Stellar SEL excel (gen 2)
Stellar SR excel (gen2)
Stellar S18s g1 (excel)
Epic V10 Double (performance)
Stellar SR (gen 1)
V10 sport (gen 2)
V10 (Gen 2)
Beater SEL (gen 1)

More
10 years 11 months ago #16792 by Kayaker Greg
The Stellar SEI is 6.1m long and 46cm wide.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wesley

More
10 years 11 months ago #16796 by Newbflat
Replied by Newbflat on topic Re: Stellar Rudders
So is this a smaller persons SR?... Where in the line up does this fit?

FENN Bluefin S
FENN Swordfish S carbon hybrid
Epic V8 double gen 2
Lot and lots of DK rudders.

Had:
Stellar SEL excel (gen 2)
Stellar SR excel (gen2)
Stellar S18s g1 (excel)
Epic V10 Double (performance)
Stellar SR (gen 1)
V10 sport (gen 2)
V10 (Gen 2)
Beater SEL (gen 1)

More
10 years 11 months ago #16799 by Kayaker Greg
Its slightly wider than the Swordfish, same length. Would have liked to see it at 45cm, don't think I would trade in the Swordfish for the wider SEI. But perhaps many can jump straight into the SEI rather than the SR, the jump from an SR to an SES would be too great for most, but from the SEI, not so much.

Its a shame Stellar are persisting with the single bailer, its not up to it when swamped. The twin bailer in the Swordfish is far superior and I don't believe you loose any appreciable speed with two bailers compared to one.

More
10 years 11 months ago #16801 by wesley
Replied by wesley on topic Re: Stellar Rudders
Don't be too quick to think that the SEI will not have the appropiate draining. It has a different cockpit and footwell with less open space in front of the footplate collecting water and higher gunwales so less can get in. So while I have not personally paddled it,my guess is that it will drain faster. The SR by the way drained well enough while the SEL and SES drained the slowest. The bullet did improve the draining when it was installed but still too slow when swamped compared to other skis. The tandems will have great drainage as well. It will be fun to see the speed of the SEI compared to the other intermediates. I will have a better idea in a few weeks, then will have more data since I should have access to other paddlers intermediate boats as I see them at our races and training paddles.

Bucket size? approximate size of SR bucket but different design is what I know at this point without actually sitting in one. Hope this helps.

Wesley Echols
SurfskiRacing.com
#1 in Surfski Reviews.

Latest Forum Topics