Re: Cadence

More
16 years 9 months ago #617 by dkpearse
Re: Cadence was created by dkpearse
I use the Qwik-time QT-5.

It is credit card size. It has good volume even when bagged up for the water.

Darrell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #618 by baker
Replied by baker on topic Re: Cadence
SR rate is important for many things especially techinique, at lower stroke rates you also work the blade more, all sprint kayakers vary there training and work at different levels which are defined by stroke rate. I no the average 1000m paddler sits around 100SR per minute for the middle of the race but some at the start get as high as 150SR per minute. How this all relates to ocean racing well like Rob said you need to vary your SR high ratings when your chasing a swell but but very low while on the runs so you can recover a bit. Stroke Ratings are also affected by how good or bad your technique is. Get on you tube and have a look at some sprint kayak races you will see ratings through the roof

More
16 years 4 months ago #619 by fragmaka
Replied by fragmaka on topic Re: Cadence
Hi:
I am very new to this sport but my goal is to get maximum speed/duration/minimum effort
G

More
16 years 4 months ago #620 by mckrouk
Replied by mckrouk on topic Re: Cadence
You are not alone.

More
16 years 4 months ago #621 by YBA/Jim Murray
Replied by YBA/Jim Murray on topic Re: Cadence
Just a suggestion or so, but try training with a heart rate monitor. During warm up/cool down phase of your workout concentrate on technique. During the work out concentrate on heartrate and technique. Don't think about stroke rate or boat speed at all. They are affected by too many variables. At all times focus on the training phase you are doing. First get it right and get fit- then fast will come.
500m and 1000m starts have only about three very short fast strokes before beginning to lengthen stroke and settling in about 90-100. This is to get the boat up and gliding for your race. The last 250-200 you bring it up to about 125 if you can. Technique begins to degrade a bit though- or a lot for some. The very high stroke rates are in K2 and esp K4.
Another thing- you can only paddle your own boat and race your own race- not some one elses, who may be elite.

Latest Forum Topics