emailing GPS/HR runs????

• Txski
  • Visitor
16 years 5 months ago #297 by Txski
emailing GPS/HR runs???? was created by Txski
While we're talking Garmin GPS/HR monitors, specifically the 301; how do you go about emailing run info? I thought it might be easy, maybe it is, but I can't crack it. Thanks : )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #298 by [email protected]

While we're talking Garmin GPS/HR monitors, specifically the 301; how do you go about emailing run info? I thought it might be easy, maybe it is, but I can't crack it. Thanks : )

Best thing is to go to www.motionbased.com and register for a free account. Then download the motionbased agent software - you run it and it connects to your 301 & uploads the data to your account on motionbased. You can then send the URL of the run you want to share...

Alternatively, you can get sporttracks from www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/ also free.
SportTracks is an alternate log book to the Garmin software - and it allows you to export tracks directly to google earth. Having done that, you can email the google earth data...

Hope that helps!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
16 years 4 months ago #299 by cjborg

Garmin has proved to have a customer-no-service department when it comes to the Mac OS...I have to ship the unit back to Olathe Kansas, and will be without it for about two weeks, just to correct the problem caused by their own web-based software updater....pretty lame.

I have to credit where credit is due...Garmin was exceptionally fast getting a brand new unit back to me after receiving my dysfunctional unit. Instead of the two-weeks they estimated, the process took about 7 days from the time I sent my unit to them. I'm still at a loss as how to keep the software updated without sending the unit back to them each time they make an upgrade (didn't work from a either a PC or a Mac), but at least they honor their warranties without hassles.

Latest Forum Topics