Re: Garmin 305 and cadence

• Alain Jaques
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #825 by Alain Jaques
Re: Garmin 305 and cadence was created by Alain Jaques
A very clever idea indeed... Rob have you still got that cadence sensor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #826 by IWynne
Replied by IWynne on topic Re: Garmin 305 and cadence
Hello Guys, i'm very new to this forum, coming over from flat water oylmpic sprint so i'm learninig a lot!!

to measure your cadence just have a watch beep every min and count your strokes!! its that easy. surely your cadence will change depending on conditions and up wind / down wind so this way you can get a simple measure of progess in each situation.

this is how i would train on flat water head wind tail wind etc, very easy.

Regards

Ian Wynne

More
16 years 8 months ago #827 by postal256
hi Ian, this is what I do, although I only count for 15 seconds while watching my forerunner 305 timer. of course multiply by 4 and there you go. I guess the main difference is not having the data available later for analysis.

More
16 years 8 months ago #828 by [email protected]

A very clever idea indeed... Rob have you still got that cadence sensor?

Yep - you're welcome to try it!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #829 by hcktpaddler1
The counting idea sounds good. But you can't really recall the data later on, unless you remember it after the workout. It would be great if someone invented a pace meter for surfski paddling. You could use a metronome and set it to a certain stroke rate and you can also switch the tempo pretty quickly.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #830 by billy bobba
I have found this product to be helpful in training and racing. It is easy to clip to your hat and is loud enough without being annoying.

www.finisinc.com/products-tr-tempotrainer.shtml

Will

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #831 by Ashley
Replied by Ashley on topic Re: Garmin 305 and cadence
Has anyone tried out the garmin 405 which has a foot pod for running cadence? It seems like you ought to be able to attach the pod to your hand to give paddling cadence.

• Seaugi
  • Visitor
16 years 3 weeks ago #832 by Seaugi
Replied by Seaugi on topic Re: Garmin 305 and cadence
Ashley,
I asked a similiar question last year. The general opinion was that using you hand would be not that helpful in determining cadence, as you have to brace. The idea that seemed best was to mount it on you calf as you always (or hopefully) remember to push and pull with your legs.
Please post if it works, if anyone tried it, they didn't post the results.
Hope it works.
Sean

Latest Forum Topics